TWENTY THREE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
this is pool, not court

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT HAD BEEN two days since she chose to not escape by driving off in Lester's car while he was distracted, and she had to admit, she wasn't 100% regretting it

IT HAD BEEN two days since she chose to not escape by driving off in Lester's car while he was distracted, and she had to admit, she wasn't 100% regretting it. About 5% of her enjoyed hanging out with the boys—only Vincent and Lester, however. Bo was still acting like...well like himself.

     But only 5%.

     Vincent and Lester were kind to her and made her forced stay in Ambrose better. Vincent offered her new clothing, and although the thought behind the action was kind, she knew that he was getting it from his past victims. But he hadn't given her any of her friend's clothing, so he must have been careful while selecting the garments. It was the thought that mattered to her.

     Lester was being as friendly as always, always sparking up conversations.

     Bo would complain often. According to him, Lester had been coming to the house more in these past days of her being there than usually he does in an entire month. Lester disagreed, saying he always showed up to give love to his brothers. Bo didn't respond, so she wasn't sure what the truth was.

     And then there was Bo. Bo...Bo...Bo. Bo was the bane of her existence, still punishing her harshly for her escape attempt.

     One of these punishments was to do their laundry. But she already hated doing her own at her own house, so how on earth was she supposed to do someone else's? Not even someone else's, her kidnapper's laundry.

     Still, she did it. Even currently she was neatly folding a pair of jeans that belonged to Vincent—she had Lester sitting with her to help her sort everything into organized piles.

     Her concentration was destroyed when a new person entered the room. The devil himself, Bo. He walked into the room and gave her an unexpected glance of contemplation. (F/N) furrowed her eyebrows as she made eye contact, her hands stopping midair.

     Lester looked between the two, breaking the quiet that had begun, "What's goin' on between you two?"

     "What?" The two synchronized. They broke eye contact and looked at the male in bewilderment.

     "Yer just starin' at each other." Lester pointed out, his changing from the girls to the boys. "Are y'all not talkin' er what?"