TWENTY EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
DO IT YOURSELF

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT HAD BEEN at most a week, yet it felt like a month had passed. However, dealing with Bo was still just as difficult as it had been the first day.

     After she had helped Vincent with the wax statue and received her necklace, Bo had given her lots of crap. She still remembered walking into the room later during the day with the man's dinner.

     Bo was sitting in the bed, his back to the wall above the end of the bed. He glared at her as she entered, making her roll her eyes in preparation for the bullshit that was no doubt about to come out of his lips. "Where were you?" His accent was out more when he was angrier, she noticed.

     "Enjoying my day." (F/N) hummed innocently as she made her way to the side of the bed, holding out the plate for him to grab. He didn't though, stubbornly keeping his arms crossed.

     "Hard to believe you could do that anywhere else but here." Bo piped. She gave him a judging glance. Why would I have fun with you?  You're a major buzzkill.

     "Says you." She let out a small snort, one that turned into a full laugh as she noticed his offended expression.

     Bo reluctantly took the plate with a huff. "So, what did you do?" He began to push the food around on the plate.

     "Well, I took the soup out of the can and cooked it so—"

     "Today, sweetheart." His voice was dry and bitter, "The hell was so entertainin' that you ignored me all day?"

     "Vincent." (F/N) hummed, looking through the window while avoiding eye contact.

     Bo froze, his hand freezing in the middle of pushing the soup around. "And?"

     "And what?" She blinked innocently at him, secretly wanting him to blow a gasket.

     "What were ya doin' with him?" His voice was serious. She could feel the amusement bubbling inside of her.

"I was jus' helpin' 'em." She mimicked his accent. She could tell his annoyance was growing, but it was only increasing her mood. A smile grew upon her face.

"Helpin' how?" No matter how much he tried to avoid it, he said it just as she had when she was mocking him. It made his frown grow.

(F/N) shrugged casually, a smirk on her lips as she leaned back in the bed slightly.

Bo scowled at her, even though his eyes did scan her form as she moved. "If yer not gonna answer my question, get the hell out!"

The woman rolled her eyes. "Maybe I will."

"Then get." He waved her off in a way similar to how he had dismissed Vincent the time the man was attempting to help him in the kitchen with his wound. It instantly made (F/N) angry at the man.

She furrowed her eyebrows at his attitude, "You can't dismiss me like I'm a dog."

"I just did, darlin'." Bo settled for turning all of his attention to the soup in front of him, eating it with an unsatisfied expression. It annoyed her further.

Bastard.

"Fine," The woman sighed, brushing her hands off on her pants like they had gotten dirty simply from being beside him, "well you can bring your own dish downstairs when you're finished then."

"Yer the one that insisted I'm still injured." Bo reasoned, not budging in the slightest.

"Like a fucking week ago." (F/N) narrowed her eyes at him as she made her way to the door, "You can have your little pity party downstairs after you've brought your own plate down like a big boy."

"You fuckin—" Bo's voice was cut off when she slammed the door in the way. Loudly he shouted, "Don't slam doors!"

(F/N) re-opened up the door simply to slam it back in his face.

Bo's angered shouts quickly left her range as she left the hallway, now downstairs. As she made her way down the stairs, she smelt something. An unusual scent for the house.

     She quickly made her way to the kitchen, the source of the smell. The woman peered inside, trying to find if her suspicion was correct. It was. Sitting on the counter was a freshly baked cake. Standing around it with a container of store-bought frosting was Lester, and next to him with a butter knife was Vincent.

     Slowly, she made her way into the room. "What's the occasion?" (F/N) inquired, leaning her back against the wall as she asked them from beside the doorway. Both males turned to her with wide eyes, moving their hands behind their backs like children caught with their hands caught in a cookie jar.

     "Oh! (F/N)!" Lester called out, a nervous grin on his face, "You weren't supposed to see until it was finished."

     The woman tilted her head, motioning for one of them to continue. Vincent was the one to say with a raspy voice, "Surprise."

     "A surprise?" She echoed, looking for more of an explanation than that.

     "For helpin' Bo." Lester answered, going on to explain, "You didn't have to. I know you probably didn' wanna either. But you still did it."

     She furrowed her eyebrows, "I helped him for you guys."

     (F/N) tried to deny any attachment to Bo to both them and herself. It was likely already too late for the two in front of her, but Bo was so rude to her, that it made it easy for her to pretend she didn't care for him even if she did feed him and tend to his wounds.

     "That still means a lot to us." Lester's eyes were soft. Vincent nodded along with his brother's words appreciatively.

     (F/N) smiled, making her way closer to the counter. "Well, thank you. But when did you get the time to make a cake?"

     "You were in Bo's room a lot longer than you'd think." Lester chuckled like it was funny.

     "I was?" She inquired, leaning over the counter a bit.

     "Yup!" Lester nodded. "We've gotta wait for it to cool down a bit until we can eat it, but then we're good to go."

     "Okay." (F/N) shared a grin with the man.

     They baked me a cake, just for dealing with their asshole brother. Maybe these guys aren't so bad.

     Her morale still argued with her. They kidnapped you, what are you saying?

     She told that voice to be quiet though, as she was going to get cake soon. And the cake was more important than her mental crisis, so she pushed that aside for the sweet treat.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

I just cried my eyes out
to Haunting of Bly Manor :]

Posted: October 25, 2023
Words: 1127
Edited: ✘︎