Chapter 48

Elliana

I held onto Demi for dear life as giant pieces of the ceiling collapsed around us. She bent her body at an angle over mine to shield me from the falling debris. The floor shook violently and it was impossible to see anything. I could hear muffled tones and I prayed that Lana was alright as well.

Demi began to move, half-blindly, through the rubble, using the opportunity to try and get out. Finally, I heard her mumble in my ear for me to hold on tight. I clung onto her like a koala and felt her starting to climb up a piece of the wall that felt like it was still somewhat stable.

Unfortunately for us, a few seconds later, that wall also collapsed. We landed on the floor rather hard and I quickly tried to see if Demi was alright. Unfortunately before I could, I was hit by a blast, sending me away from her and several feet into the air. I landed on solid ground. Moments later, Demi and Lana landed as well, several yards away from me.

Demi instantly hurried to my side and checked me for injuries. I was pretty sure that I had broken my ankle, but I didn't want to bring attention to it at this moment. It was the last thing on my mind. Several of Demi's siblings appeared at our sides in that moment, forming a semi-circle. Avan stood at my side, Davina by Demi, and Sterling in front of us.

"Where are the others?" Demi asked as Lana joined us.

"They're in the vicinity. I know Ayla and Jericho are looking for Adriana."

I froze before turning to Demi slowly. "What?! Adriana, my sister? What are you talking about?!" I demanded from Sterling who had spoken earlier.

He hesitated, glancing at Demi. "Tell me!" I demanded, feeling the panic come on.

"She-she led us here. She heard that you had been taken and said she knew where Angie would probably go. We told her to stay in the car, but she ran off." He muttered quietly.

"We have to find her!"

Demi rested her hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "My Sweet Girl, Ayla and Jeri are looking. They'll find her."

"We need to help them!"

"No, what we need to do is to get you to a safe place. You're the target here. They will do anything to get to my weakness, which is you. We will come back to help Ayla and Jeri once we get you to a safe place. Demi said firmly, throwing me onto her back.

"No!" I fought back. "She's in danger. You just said they'll do anything to get to me. They have to keep me alive to get to you, but not her. They'll kill her!"

"Smart girl." Erik's voice resonated in the distance and I spun around to face the source. Erik stood a few yards away from us, a chilling smirk on his face.

"Wh-where's my sister." I demanded.

"Tsk. Tsk." He made a disapproving noise with his tongue. "I really thought you had better manners than that, mon trésor. I'm disappointed."

"Don't call me that!" I screamed at him before Demi grabbed my shoulders.

He's trying to rile you up. Don't allow him to.

I took in a deep breath.

"I will call you whatever I wish, my dear. Now be a good little girl and come to me."

I shook my head vehemently. He raised an eyebrow at me. "No? Well then." He jerked his head slightly and Angie appeared beside him, but she wasn't alone. She had Adriana in a choke hold, a blade raised to her neck. My heart pounded in my chest. I couldn't face the fear in my sister's eyes, mixed with the guilt.