Chapter 14

Elliana

Lana drove me home and I couldn't help but notice something odd. I yanked the lollipop out of my mouth and turned to glance at her. "You don't look like the type to eat lollipops, why were you carrying one?"

She glanced at me in amusement as we stopped at a red light. "I didn't realize that there was a "type" to eat lollipops."

I blushed. "I didn't mean-"

She chuckled. "I know what you mean. It was for you."

I frowned. "Do you carry them for Kailey and Brett too?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"They're not littles."

I frowned in confusion. "But I'm not younger than them, we're the same age, so I'm not littler."

She laughed loudly. "I didn't say you were littler than them, I said that you were a little."

I frowned even harder. "What?"

She stopped at a red light and turned to look at me again in shock. "You don't know?"

"What don't I know?!" I was getting frustrated.

"N-nothing." She looked like she was trying to hold back her laughs, which angered me more. "I'm the wrong person to ask."

I opened my mouth to ask when I noticed that my new puppy was licking at my lollipop. I squealed and pulled it away. "That's not dog food, Rosie!" I examined it and turned to put it back in my mouth when I was satisfied that it looked fine. Dogs' mouthes were cleaner than humans' anyways.

Lana's hand immediately shot across the car and snatched the lollipop before I could put it in my mouth. She had a look of disgust on her face. "What the hell?" She sighed when I just frowned at her in confusion. "Just-just look in my bag, okay? There are more in there."

I immediately grabbed her bag, opening it. I spotted the bag of lollipops immediately but as I moved to close the zipper, a thought popped into my head. I wonder what vampires kept in their bags? I rummaged until I found a bottle of red liquid. I gasped in horror, dropping it, causing Lana to glare at me. "D-don't eat me..."

"That's cranberry juice, you little sneak. Read the label." I scowled at her as she pulled up into my driveway. As soon as she parked properly, I ran out of the car with Rosie in my arms. She calmly locked the car and began to follow me.

I walked up to the door and reached for my keys, but the door unlocked before I could. "Elliana Natalia Davidson!" My sister had flung the door open, her hair looking wild, most likely because she had a habit of yanking her fingers through it when she was stressed. Now that I thought about it, her expression appeared to be quite wild as well.

"What?"

"You never go out so how could you just run out without leaving a note, a text, or anything?! I thought you had been kidnapped!"

I stared at her. "I'm seventeen Adri, I just went to the mall and forgot my phone."

She narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously. "You never go to the mall willingly." Her eyes narrowed further as Lana came up behind me. "Who's this, Elli? Another one of your friends that you mysteriously met?" I frowned.

Lana simply looked amused. "Nice to meet you, I'm Lana." She stick her hand out.

Adri hesitated before taking it. "I'm-"

"Adriana Davidson. Former student at State of Cali Uni and former Vice President of Delta Beta Phi."

My sister looked horrified and yanked her hand away. I giggled, suddenly liking Lana a bit more. "Calm down, Adri, it's like common knowledge among the students."