Chapter 50

**Mature content ahead**

—————————————————————————

Elliana

I felt like I was in a dream. I barely recalled anything in the time that Demi's siblings escorted Adri, Demi, Lana, and I to my house. As we got out of the car, Demi lifted me up swiftly and held me close to her. I wrapped my arms around her and hid my face in the crook of her neck, my body relaxing from her scent.

Lana loosely wrapped an arm around my sister and escorted her to our door. Adri unlocked the door shakily. It was dark in the house, so my dad was probably asleep. I bit my lip. I didn't blame my father, but I couldn't help but think that if we were in my mom's house, there was no chance that she would fall asleep before checking that I was in my room.

Demi carried me upstairs as Lana took Adriana to her room, likely to talk her through what had just happened. Once we were in my room, Demi sat down on my chair without letting go of me. Then, she started to unbutton her shirt and mine too. "We should take a bath." She explained softly. "We're covered in dirt and probably blood."

I nodded silently and stood up so that she could take her pants off as well. Then she helped me take mine off before picking me right back up. Feeling her skin on mine settled me immensely. Despite being a vampire, she felt warm to me. I didn't know if that was because I was cold, or the mate bond.

Once in the bathroom, she set me on the counter carefully and started to run a bath for us. Once she was done adjusting the water temperature and adding the soaps, she turned and looked at me with a strange expression.

I raised an eyebrow quizzically. She leaned in and pressed her lips to my forehead for a good minute. "I nearly lost you." Her voice broke slightly.

I felt my heart squeeze painfully as I made eye contact. A lump formed in my throat. "You didn't. I knew you would come for me. I didn't doubt that for a second." I reached to take her hand in mine. "I love you. So, very much." I choked out as the tears flowed down my cheeks like a waterfall. My mate immediately pulled me into her embrace and held me as tight as she possibly could.

The sound of the water running behind us became background noise as I lost myself in her embrace. Only few minutes later did we remember to shut off the water. Demi turned back to me and picked me up before stepping into the bath and settling down with me in her lap.

I sighed softly in content at the warm water surrounding me while I rested against my mate. "My perfect, Sweet Girl." Demi murmured softly as she stroked my hair. I rested my cheek on her breast and closed my eyes as she started to wash me. "Do you want to suckle?" She offered, and I found myself nodding instinctively.

A nipple was offered against my lips and I latched on to suckle. I felt what remained of the stress leave my body as I was consumed by the scent, taste, and love of my mate, so intense that it was tangible.

Demi breathed shakily, tightening her grip on me. "All these years...I never thought I would find you, but I did. And I put you in so much danger. Because of me, you can't have normalcy in your life."

My eyes fluttered open and I pulled away momentarily to look at Demi. "I don't want normalcy...I want you, momma." I whispered, my eyes looking straight into hers. "It may have only been a few months...but I can't imagine my life without you. I always want to be by your side." The future was a frightening prospect for me, but knowing that I would always be Demi's brought peace to my mind.

She smiled wryly at me. "Is that a proposal?" She responded in a teasing tone.

I bit my lip again. "More like I'm asking you to make me like you..." I whispered.