Chapter 13

This book has reached 2k reads! 🙂 thank you all for the support and I love y'all! I know I skipped a week but I was sick all last week, sorry.

———————————————————————————

Elliana

I didn't understand why I felt the way I did when Demi did not randomly pop into my room for the next few days. I was just simply sad, and I felt as though an integral part of my life was missing. These feelings seemed absurd to me as I had known her for a little over two weeks, and as a result, I was very annoyed and expressed it in a very immature way.

As I found myself thinking about her for the nth time today, a rush of frustration went through me. I had nothing to do today which only contributed to my wandering mind. For what seemed like the first time since I had arrived, Adriana had gone out with her boyfriend instead of dragging me out to some random place. I grabbed my pillow and hurled it at the wall angrily. You can imagine my surprise when it was caught, not by the wall, but a girl with jet black hair and piercing eyes.

"Now, play nicely, little girl. I know you're upset that your vampire is away, but can't you just vent to your teddy bear like you were doing before?" She spoke with amusement.

"Lana." I gasped in recognition as I flushed bright red at her words. "Now you're spying on me?!"

"I was asked by your vampire to keep an eye on her precious little baby girl."

I sputtered in indignation. "You were-she's not my-I'm not her-ugh!"

"Now, now, little girl, use your words."

"Don't call me that. I'm a legal adult!"

"And I'm nine hundred and three. Your point, little girl?" She challenged and I gaped at her.

"H-how old is Demi?"

"Now, now, you'll have to ask her that question. I don't want to scare you away." She waved her hand at me. That response was scarier than if she had just given me an actual number.

She began to approach me and I quickly scrambled backwards on my bed. "Relax, little girl," she rolled her eyes at me. "I won't bite, not you at least. I'd like to keep my head. Your vampire was very persuasive when she warned me about keeping my fangs to myself." I raised an eyebrow but relaxed my posture. She placed the pillow on the foot of my bed and sat down.

"Okay, so why are you here?"

"Well I was watching you for Demi, but like yourself, I was bored out of my mind, so I was going to introduce myself when you decided to hurl a pillow at my face. Speaking of which, do you do anything except sit on your bed, read, eat, and sleep?"

"You weren't standing there a second ago!" I defended, blushing. "And I can't believe that you've been spying on me."

"Babysitting, not spying, little girl." She corrected.

"I don't need a babysitter, I'm eighteen." I repeated.

"You were talking to a stuffed bear!"

"He's my friend!" I quickly covered my mouth as I blurted that out.

"Oh my gosh!" Lana began to roll on my bed while laughing hysterically. "You're too cute." She reached her hand towards my cheek to pinch it.

"Don't you dare." I warned, pushing her away. I had had enough of all of Adriana's friends doing that.

She rolled her eyes and sat back up. "What say I take you some place fun?"

"No, thank you." I said politely.