Chapter 23

Please enjoy the next (early!) chapter. This was not planned, but is a special request chapter to say thank you.💙
@Qwe_ri_ewq - credits to you because this chapter is your request:). I appreciate all the support from every single one of you 💙.

Shoutout to those whose comments I look forward to every single time I post a chapter:
@Daijaedwards1 @SolomonSilver @Coolmaster673 @babyboiimolina @amberdroe @gsquad4ever @Emmy1222 @Dazzling_Puta @Darkishlyric5

AND EVERYONE ELSE.

—————————————————————————

Elliana

I was beyond furious when I made my way to the agreed meeting place after class. I had stormed off before Kailey even had the opportunity to question me about my behaviour in class. As I arrived in the parking lot, I immediately spotted the vampire that I was looking for.

Demi leaned against her car with a troubled expression, making me forget about my anger for a moment. She appeared to be very tense. I walked over to her nervously. "I-Is everything alright?"

Her head snapped up when my voice registered in her head. I could tell something was very wrong. She could always tell when I was nearby. There was no way that I could sneak up on her unless she was deeply distracted. With one look into my worried eyes, her expression told me that she knew what I was thinking.

"Nothing, sweet girl." She tried to relax her expression.

I frowned at her. "Why are you lying?"

She raised an eyebrow at me. "I am not." She lied smoothly. I glared at her. "So how was class?" She smirked at me. I knew she was trying to distract me, but it worked anyway.

"How dare you!" My voice came out at an incredible pitch.

She simply smirked back at me. "I can do whatever I want with my little baby girl. Momma knows best, sweetheart."

My eyes frantically darted around trying to see if anyone has overheard our exchange as I shushed her desperately. "Stop it!" I whisper-yelled.

She smirked darkly at me so fast that I almost missed it before I felt a vibration so intense that it brought me to my knees. Demi caught me before I fell. The vibration was gone as fast as it had come on. "Oopsie, must've accidentally leaned on the switch. Sorry, baby."

I glared at her, blushing heavily, as I got into the car without further argument.

Another point for Demi.

"Oh shut up." I grumbled. Demi smirked knowingly as she got into the car. We drove mostly in silence and she dropped me off at my house, but didn't follow me in. I wanted to turn back and ask her what she was up to, but I knew that she wouldn't tell me. Once I was in, Mason waved at me and Adriana asked me how my classes were going, but I wasn't in the mood to talk. I was so exhausted that night that I went to bed much earlier than usual. I would figure out what was going on tomorrow.

~~~~

When I came to the next morning, the first thing that I noticed was that my head felt like it weighed a tonne and my eyelids were so heavy that I could barely keep them open. Although my throat hurt like hell, they didn't stop me from screaming when I saw a hooded figure perched on my windowsill.

"Dammit!" Demi threw her hood off and covered her ears, glaring at me. "Could you be any louder?" I assumed a vampire's ear's were sensitive.

"Yes actually." She rolled her eyes at me. I looked to the clock on my nightstand, and realized that it was almost noon. No wonder neither Adri nor my dad had burst into my room when I screamed. I coughed loudly and closed my eyes again.