S3 Episode 2: There Is No Right Way To Be A Vampire

"Hey, I'm going to a small carnival, coming Hope?"

Hope gets off of her bed. "After what happened with Lizzie, I don't think either of us should like Carnivals."

Nik laughs. "Come on, it'll be fun."

"Fine, I guess destroying the spear can wait. Also the one thing that can kill me, and most likely you."

"Yes, it can wait, come on."

Hope and Nik leave the room and finds, Grace and Charles. "I have a surprise as well."

Nik pulls out keys. "You have a new car?!"

"Not just one."

He pulls out another.

"How'd you afford it?"

"Just a little vampire trick up my sleeve." 

"Hope and Charles will take the G-Wagon. Grace and I will take the Escalade.

Mg and Lizzie will go with us. Kaleb and Cleo are going with you. They should be on their way."

The doors fly open, revealing, The final four. "Let's go," Kaleb says. 

"Exsurgo," Nik says flicking my wrist. The doors on the cars open. Every gets into the trucks and drive off.

-----Nik's Truck-----

"So tell me again why Jed didn't want to come with us," Grace asks Mg."

"Said he had a date with Ben, then had to do something with the pack."

They arrive at the Carnival a couple minutes later.  "So what's the plan, split up?"

"Sure, it you want. I'm tagging along with Lizzie and Mg," Nik says. 

"I'm going with Cleo," Kaleb says.

"Well, I guess that leaves us siblings to go with each other."

The three groups run off to have fun. 

"Ok Lizzie, let's try this again, touch the high striker and let it go to the top and not let it hit the bell."

Nik pushes down the button and sends the small bar up the high striker and it gets close to the bell, but doesn't touch it.

Lizzie goes up to it nervously. She pushes down the button and sends the bar to the top, touching the bell.

"Better than before. Last time she made the bell fly into the air," Nik says.

The employee looks scared and shocked. "How are you guys doing this."

Nik walks up to the man. "We're vampire darling, we have strength no one can match. Now forgot this and run along."

"Let's do something else before someone else catches us," Mg says.

"I suppose you're right, we don't want humans being scared off."

Mg grabs onto to both of their arms and speeds off to the shooting range. "Pick up a gun, closest to the target wins."

Nik picks up a gun and so does Lizzie and Mg.

"5 shots each."

"3. 2. 1. GO!"

They start shooting. Mg finished first, then Nik, then Lizzie.

They pick up the paper targets and look. Mg had gotten the closest.

"Well would you look at that, someone actually beat the Quadbrid," Mg says. "Very funny, how bout we throw swords and see who gets closer to the heart."

"I'm going to say no on that."

"Hey looks there's a show going on," Lizzie says.

Nik puts it hand on Mg and Lizzie back. "Lanuae."

They vanish and appear at the back of the crowd.

"Couldn't you teleport us up closer," Lizzie says.  "Yeah but then it expose our identities." The three move through the crowd. 

"Oh god not this trick again," Lizzie says. They look at the stage to see a different man this time, but again compelling the volunteer.

The three use their hearing to listen to what he's telling them. "Look into my eyes, you are suddenly going to do as I say."

"Now my beautiful Audience, this man here will do as I say, when I say it. Now sir, would you kindly do a backflip."

The man bends his legs and goes up into the air, doing the backflip and lands feet first.

"Good job son."

The man whispers something in the volunteer's ear. Nik listen's closely. "You will meet me by the dumpsters after the show. Now go ahead and enjoy young man."

"Did you guys here that?"

"Yeah," Mg says They watch the rest of the show them follows the mysterious man. He goes by the dumpsters and  starts feeding of the man he can compelled before. "I'm pretty sure you're gonna want to stop now that I'm here."

"And who are you supposed to be?"

Nik steps into the light so the man could see. Lizzie and Mg speed up beside him.

The man laughs. It looks like you guys are vampires, no match to me. I am Allistor, the new leader of the Creatures of the Night. I am guessing that you are newborn vampires. You must learn the feed of the vampire, our ways, the Creatures of the Night.

"We'd rather pass, and kick your ass now."

"Then let me show how hard it is the beat a vampire centuries older for you."

"Oh that'd be a bit of a problem for me if I only were a, Creature of the Night."

Nik's eyes turn yellow and veins crawl from his eyes. The man launches at him "Lanuae."

Nik disappears, then appears behind him. Lizzie, Mg go find the others. They speed off.

"I will say, you're pretty strong for a newborn vampire."

"I've been a vampire for 7 years. Plus, I'm the most powerful species in the world, The Quadbrid." The man speed at Nik again. This time man goes through Nik's body.

"Did  you really think I was that dumb?" Another illusion of Nik appears, then multiples follow. "I could be anywhere." The Man starts looking all around him. "I could even be behind you." The looks behind him, and see Nik. Nik sticks his hand into the man's chest. 

The man grunts. "My people will come for you. You must learn the right way to be a vampire."

"There is no right way to be a vampire." Nik rips out his heart.