Chapter 3: Checking In

"This is the Happy Hotel, how may I help you?"

"Y-you're..."

The blonde blinked as Mara paused mid-sentence.

"You're the girl from the news, right?"

"Oh, yep! That's me, Charlie Morningstar! S-sorry about the interview, it was a real mess."

"Well," (Y/n) joined in. "Mara over here is interested in checking in and-"

"Oh my gosh, why didn't you say so?!"

"Wha-"

Before (Y/n) could finish, Charlie pulled both her and Mara inside of the hotel.

The exorcist held her wrist, still feeling Charlie's grip after letting go, while Mara scanned the red, rundown interior.

"Eheh..." Charlie got between of the moth and the deer. "E-excuse us." She told the smiling demon as she gently pushed the demoness away from him, and towards the new guests.

"This is Vaggie, the hotel's nightshift manager."

"Vaggie," (Y/n) raised her brows. "is that short for anythin'?"

"Well-" "It's short for vagina!" A spider demon interrupted as he pushed an angered Vaggie to the side.

"Umm-" "Ignore him." She rubs her temples, cutting Mara off. Charlie quickly got in between Vaggie and the spider, pulling him lower to match her height.

"This is Angel." she beamed while Vaggie crossed her arms. "Our...only client...as of now."

"Heyyyy, what's there to feel embarrassed about?" Angel boasted as Mara tilted her head, not noticing Charlie going somewhere else. "A demon...named Angel?"

"You're new here? Oh, I'm gonna have fun with ya fo' sure."

"N-no I'm not, actually."

"Angel-"

"Sayyyy--" He kept going, blocking Vaggie off his ears. "--what comes into your noggin when I say the name's Angel Dust?"

"PCP?" (Y/n) guessed, not exactly paying attention to the three.

"Bingo."

Instead, she paid attention to the doll-like demon in the distance, urging a feline sinner behind the bar counter.

"Ugh, we're definitely keeping the two of you away from him." Vaggie groaned as Charlie came back with the feline, who backed off from her grasps.

"Don't touch me."

"Awww, come on Husker-"

"Husk."

"H-Husk. You'll have to get used to meeting new people eventually if you're gonna be the receptionist-"

"I never asked to be the receptionist either."

(Y/n) kept watching the back and forth, not noticing Angel beside her, leaning down to her level.

"I call dibs on riding him."

"W-woah there, pal-"

(Y/n) backed away, bumping into Husk himself.

"Watch it."

"Oh-sorry." She backed away. "Husk, right?"

"Finally, someone that gets my name right." He grunted before taking another swig on his bottle.

"U-umm..." Mara pointed at the bottle. "Is he supposed to-"

"No, no he isn't." Vaggie replied, her eyes still half-lidded.