Chapter 15: More To Their Stories

Time passes faster than one realizes when they're asleep. When one is asleep, they don't hear the downpour of acid hammering on the window, or the soft hum of the air conditioner. When one is asleep, they don't hear any of their coworkers renovating the interior from outside of their door. When one is asleep, they don't notice when their wings occasionally twitch, or when one or two feathers land on the mattress. This sleep was dreamless, but had to end eventually.

(Y/n)'s mask flickered back on as she stirred at first, still too entranced with the nest's soft pillows and blankets. Eventually, the mask turns itself on fully, followed by a yawn from the fallen. Mild annoyance would best describe (Y/n)'s current mood when she woke up. Feathers were scattered everywhere, and her hair left shedding as well. Why she shed so much was beyond her, but she eventually just accepted it as a normal nuisance that she had to deal with. At least her hair and feathers regrew quickly...

As tempting as it sounded to stay in bed, one sight of her phone was enough to remind her why she needed to get up. She was wondering when Angel would make her do something, so this wasn't unexpected. Forcing herself to sit up, she tried to rub her eye. That's when she realized that having the mask on was going to be another nuisance she had to deal with.

Getting off the bed, she scoured each drawer for a comb. This mask may be able to cover her eyebags, but she still had to comb her hair unless she wants to look like a zombie. Finally, after some searching, she found one. Granted, there were some missing bristles, but she shrugged it off. As expected, more strands fell out for every time she ran the comb on her hair. Maybe she should buy stuff of her own. Anti-hair and feather fall shampoo...if there's still money left in Enigma's wallet that she could use.

Putting her comb down, she looked at the mess she left on the room. Not only is leaving it like that just plain rude, but people are going to know if they see these feathers. So she scoured again. This time for a vacuum cleaner, or a broom, or anything she could use. But nope, it looks like she'll have to do this by hand. She shuddered, thinking how clogged the shower's drain must be.

So she searched for every single place her feathers could be hiding. Every crevice, nook, and cranny. And just as expected, they hid in the most random places. Somehow even in one of the enclosures. None of the pets ate one, right? (Y/n) didn't know much about hell's biology, but she was sure that a demonic creature eating an angelic feather would, at the very least, give them a bad stomach ache.

So that left her with all of her feathers gathered in the center of the room, like a pile of leaves in an autumn day. She wasn't done yet however, since there was still the fallen strands everywhere. So she did that too. Same process, same results. She threw the hair into the bin, but didn't knew what to do with the feathers.

Throwing them away won't be enough, since one of her coworkers might find it when they take out the trash. Directly to the bin in the back? Trash diver clients and coworkers aren't out of the table either.

...She could do what she always did and stuff the feathers inside of plushies.

Last she checked, the hotel has three kids. One of them even had a dinosaur plush. They would love it, right? Really, it's only Flakka that she had to worry about. A wildcard like her might accidentally tear a plushie open and reveal what's stuffing it. But it can't be that hard to teach her to be more careful, right?

...right?

So it was settled. She'll be using the feathers as stuffing. Not the drainage ones though, that's just gross. She'll have to flush those instead. She added crochet materials into her mental shopping list, along with a new guitar for Gigi, and shampoo. Maybe a wing brush too. Husk might have recommendations, right? Wait, he's a cat, he probably just licks himself.