Chapter 14: Stray Feathers

The party continued like nothing happened, like it was when (Y/n) first got there. Maybe she shouldn't have rushed things, and let Mara talk with Bee first. Now that she thought about it, she didn't know what she was doing. Demons that Mara would get along with? In a room where you can't tell sober from high or drunk? She should've at least started with the people that stayed in their room. Hell has its introverts too, right?

...Then again, She didn't think suddenly pushing an introvert into a conversation with someone they don't know would make things any better

Plate of rice crispies on hand, (Y/n) served the treats to everyone who passed by. The party lights were still bright, but less in the sense that it made it easier for her to see which demon is which. Same could be said with the smoke machine, possibly because of whatever Gigi did a while ago.

As she was about to ask a pair of clients if they wanted a crispy, she froze, waiting for them to finish their conversation first.

"I'm just sayin', maybe that Mirage chick had the right idea? Princess is easily guilted into stuff, and she's rich." Stated the poison dart frog sinner, eyes glued to his phone.

"Yeah, but she ain't gonna be able to use daddy's money forever. I rather take my chances with the commie crap the Gigi gal has goin' on, rather than being piked by Lucifer of all demons." The demon with a sock puppet for a head argued, slightly rocking the cocktail in his hand.

(Y/n), having no context of the conversation, could only think. What did Mirage or Gigi do while she was gone and when did it happen? What did they even say?

"Personal space, buddy. Ever heard of it?"

(Y/n) jolted away from the source of the voice. She met face to face with what she thought was a tall potted cactus, which actually turned out to be a demon that resembled one.

"S-sorry!"

She quickly backed away, spotting the pair of demons about to leave as she did. She inadvertently bumped into a demon that resembled a bear shaped honey bottle. Backing away from the pissed off grizzly, she dodged from his oncoming claws, a drunken lizard demon taking the hit instead.

The pair of clients stopped to see what the commotion is about, leaving an opening for (Y/n) to catch up to them before they could leave for the elevator. (Y/n) did exactly that, quickly making her way before more people could block her.

"Excuse me!" (Y/n) blurted, grabbing both sinners' attention. "W-what happened with Mirage and Gi-"

"Hey, aren't you that pig shagger that took the radio demon's staff?" The sock puppet sinner interrupted her.

"P-pig shagger?"

"Holy shit, she is!" The frog demon exclaimed, prompting the sock puppet to spit his drink.

"Wait, that's a she?!"

Not knowing what else to say, (Y/n) forced herself to play along.

"Y-yeah?"

"It's just cuz...ya know." The sock puppet looked at (Y/n)'s chest, only causing more confusion for the girl.

"He thinks your tits make you look butch." The amphibian told her, stone-faced. He pulled his comrade by the collar, not even answering (Y/n)'s question and instead leaving for the elevator. All (Y/n) got from the conversation were more questions, as she looked down confused.

"What does my chest have to do with anything?"

Never mind that, it didn't answer her question. Gigi should still be here right? She should know what happened. Just as she was about to look for her, the she-wolf walked past her, axe-bass mounted on her shoulder.