Chapter 8: Care For An Eye?

January 2nd, 8am, Pentagram City

'Maybe I should include trust fall exercises?'

'Or maybe people can put toppings in each other's pizza!'

'Or...Willow in the wind?'

"No..."

It's been two hours since Charlie has woken up, quick to jump out of her bed when she did. She's had these ideas keeping her from sleeping last night, now in the lobby and giddily writing down what will serve as a schedule for today. 

And today's theme?

Trust.

It made sense, right? After all, how could she get anyone onboard with bettering themselves if they don't even trust the staff, or even each other?

As much as she's already listed so many ideas, one still continued to bother her. She knew what happened the last time she implemented music for the hotel's favor.

Maybe she should've listened to Vaggie...

But it's not something she could just turn on and off with a switch. Music has always been a central part of the princess...

With a sigh and an embarrassing growl from her stomach, Charlie nervously closed her notebook.

"I guess I'll...come back to that..."

Before she could stand up, Charlie stopped at the sight of Nifty stacking up chopped pieces of wood beside the furnace, humming a tune as she did. That's right...The hotel's going to need a lot of firewood for the storm season in the next few months

Charlie then stood up from the front desk to observe the interior's current state. Thanks to Bronwyn and Nifty's help, the hotel looked more vibrant and lively! Vines and flora gave the lobby a splash of color, while there wasn't a single cobweb in sight. 

But...

...It's not enough to make up for the rest of the interior. Peeling wallpaper, springs poking from sofas, not to mention the furniture piled everywhere, did the plants no favors as it only made the lobby look...abandoned...

Charlie then headed for the kitchen, still taking note of her surroundings and what she could do about it. 

The hallways were...somewhat better? 

Some of the sconce lights were flickering...if they were even working at all. Charlie swore she saw one spark. 

Definitely an indoor fire waiting to happen.

Looking at the colorful fauna, the glowing plants at her parents' castle garden came to mind. Maybe she could ask Bronwyn to grow something similar too? That way, she could save electricity.

Charlie beamed with excitement, seeing the hallways not for what it already is, but for what she planned for it to be. She could already see it. People lining up to redeem themselves, and the amazement in their eyes when they walk through those stained glass doors.

Doing her best to contain her excitement, she waltzed through the dining room's door.

"Woke up from the right side of the bed, I see!"

"Alastor?"

Sitting on one of the tables was the radio demon himself, enjoying his breakfast without a care in the world.

"Who else would it be, dear? It would be out of character for me to skip the most important meal of the day."

He poked his fork on a questionable ball of meat and pointed it at the girl.