Chapter 17: Underlying Problems

Stepping out of the glass doors made (Y/n) realize just how much time has passed, seeing a darker red engulfing the sky. The stars were sadly covered in smog, which was unfortunate. (Y/n) was looking forward to seeing what the stars look like in hell. Taking her focus from the sky, she opened her wallet, only to find so much money.

This wasn't going to be enough for a taxi...

Does she really have to ask for directions again?

Defeated, she dragged her feet behind her as she once again asked around. Question after question, she received the same results. Insults, flirts, dirty looks, scoffs, and what else that hasn't been mentioned yet. And she was only asking directions for Tophet Avenue. Imagine if she asked for directions for a hotel that was humiliated on the news.

After a seemingly endless loop of hopelessness, a certain spider caught his eye. Angel was right there, standing next to a hot pink limousine. He seemed to be having a conversation with someone from the inside.

(Y/n) couldn't tell who it was, only having red smoke coming out of the limousine as a hint. To anyone who's spent time in hell for at least a month, it would've been obvious who it was. However, (Y/n) wasn't one of those people.

So she hurried to where Angel stood, calling out his name. Angel flinched, already tensed by the man inside of the car. (Y/n) stopped to pant, before lifting her head up with the shopping bags she brought.

"Angel, thank god I found you!I know this sounds stupid, but can I hitch a ri-"

"(Y/n) what the fuck are you doing here?!" Angel whispered angrily. "What the hell are you wearing?!"

"I know, I know. It'll probably take a long time to get this hairspray off. But I got the stuff you told me to buy, and-"

"Oh Angel cakes, are you keeping secrets from me again?~"

The voice came from inside the limousine. There, a tall moth demon sat, his lower set of arms on the shoulders of two of whom (Y/n) assumed to be his workers. Held by his upper right hand? A cigarette where the red smoke came from.

"You never told me you had a friend."

(Y/n) took some shaky steps back, nervously laughing. "O-oh, uhh, did I interrupt something?"

Before she could react, the smoke turned into chains, pulling (Y/n) closer to the red-coated man.

"No, baby. You didn't interrupt anything at all.~"

As he said that, he puffed a cloud of red smoke at her. Judging by his face growing frustrated, (Y/n) coughing wasn't the intended result, even if she only coughed out of instinct, with her mask shielding her face. Angel was no less surprised, but took the opportunity to slide in between them.

"Keep her outta this."

"Getting cranky again, Angel cakes?"

The smoke chains dissipated, letting a grateful (Y/n) free. Angel hurriedly took the shopping bags, not caring about who belonged to who.

"H-hey Angel, that one's mine-"

"Yeah yeah, whatevah. You'll get it back at the hotel."

Angel definitely had less difficulty holding all bags at once, as one would expect from someone with three sets of arms.

"You know, you should be introducing me to your friends more, Angel cakes. If you let me know sooner, I would've done something instead of letting their beauty go to waste." The demon remarked as he kept going.

"You should be thankful I didn't waste yours, darlin'.~"

(Y/n) looked at him, then at Angel's furrowed brows. Said spider was only annoyed at the belittling pity, muttering a 'Go' before going back inside the limousine. (Y/n) could only watch as Angel slammed the door behind him, and the vehicle drove away, leaving her still trying to take in everything she just witnessed. That person...the same one she saw on the magazine.