Chapter 22: How The Turntables!

(A/n): I edited the ending of the last chapter, sorry about the confusion

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Finally, some good booze."

Back at the lobby, Husk was spending his sweet time looking for something to drink at the bar. He'd lazily plop himself on the chair before drinking his worries away. It might take a bit longer for the effects to settle in...

...

Might as well look around.

With no other forms of entertainment, he forced himself to get up and look around. After some rummaging around the couches, he would find loose pennies and some porn magazines. Shrugging, he laid on the couch and started reading dispassionately, as if it was a regular magazine.

"He's over there!"

But of course, as he would soon find out, it's going to take a lot more to keep himself out of the hotel's shenanigans.

"What the fu...?"

"Husk! Thank god you're here!" Charlie exclaimed. As Mara was about to correct her for using God's name in vain, Charlie continued with urgency in her voice. "We need to know what instrument you played on earth!" 

"This is part of Al's dumb game, isn't it?" Husk deadpanned, face unchanging when Gigi grabbed him by the shoulders.

"We don't like this anymore than you do, old man! Just tell us!"

Husk groaned, and rubbed his temples. "He wants you to look for a saxophone."

"Pardon my ignorance darling, but what's a saxophone?" Nurse Libby asked, turning to the next voice that spoke.

"Saxophones are a type of woodwind instrument made of brass." Mara walked in with interest in the subject. "Although it was rarely used at the choirs I coordinated, it does blend very well with other instruments!" She added, in some hopes to impress one of the people in the room. 

Instead, that person stood unmoving, anxiousness plastered all over her face.

"You...work with choir?" Harley interrogated, making Mara jolt. "What is your sin, again?"

"Mara doesn't have to talk about it if she doesn't want to." Charlie defended. 

"Especially since Alastor's already using our secrets like this." Vaggie added with a wary eye. "Now come on, keep your eyes peeled for a saxophone."

"Like that one?"

Everyone turned to where Iccarus was pointing, finding a saxophone on a wooden platform, seemingly for a musician to play in. Gray walked in to put aside the other instruments in front of it, before taking the sticky note from the instrument.

"Look at that, at the topic of sin, our next clue is Libitina's."

"Please, you may call me Nurse Libby, darling." She assured him. "Now what does this have to do with my sin?"

Gray handed her the note, to which she read:

'For your next clue: What was Libitina missing that caused her to get sent to hell?'

"Ah, well you see, it's quite a funny story!" The nurse began, almost mimicking Pentious' way of storytelling. "Ever since I was a child, I never understood the need for footwear. Walking with your bare feet felt right for me! I might have done a teensy mistake by walking bare foot near patients of the plague, which caused it to be spread further. Bah, but it's all in good faith, yes?"

Everyone just stared at her, only making a droplet of sweat roll down her head. Nonetheless, they continued their search for a pair of shoes. All but Husk, who still lied on the couch, Angel who leaned against the wall while lighting a cigarette, Mirage, who was busy having a brain freeze, and Iccarus, who would only join the search when Mara walked to (Y/n)'s side.