Chapter 19: Fresh Meat In A Slaughterhouse

"Yep, this is the place alright."

Just having landed with her wings still out, (Y/n) found herself in front of the landmark Raihan gave her.

The movie theater entrance was mostly normal, if you ignored the smeared bloody handprint, severed body parts, and...plants? Growing where they shouldn't.

Whether there were any survivors from whatever could've happened inside, she didn't know, nor did she want to find out.

Good thing she didn't have to go inside.

De-summoning the wings folded behind her, she leaned on a lone vending machine, and scanned the area she was in.

Finding herself in this busy alley, vendors line up to sell different kinds of street foods while customers bought, not noticing the smaller demons dragging bodies for the vendors to cook into smaller portions.

This was (Y/n)'s new technique.

Feeling hungry from the eye candy, but can't eat?

Just remind yourself where the meat most likely comes from.

After some minutes of waiting, (Y/n) grew more unsure if this was the right place. Pulling out her phone, she called Raihan, waiting for him to pick up with ringing filling the silence. The ringing would abruptly stop, before being replaced with Raihan's voice.

"Enigma! Not really the best time to chat, but what up?"

"Yeah, I'm just making sure if I'm at the right place. At StarPoint Cinema, right?"

"Y-yup! I can hear the background noise over there, and it sounds like you're at the alley in front of it. Just wait for one of Henroin's guys, a-and they'll lead you to where you're actually supposed to go-"

"Rai-Rai, that better not be another girl on the phone!"

"P-pudding, calm down, it's just-"

Hearing Villa's voice in the background made an imaginary droplet of sweat roll down (Y/n)'s forehead, getting the impression that this happens more often than she thought.

Hearing shuffling through the other side would confirm itself to be Villa snatching her boyfriend's phone, as she proceeded to spout death threats and listing the women she brutally murdered, along with graphic descriptions of the torture that came first.

"N-Nice to hear from you too again, Villa..."

"Oh, Enigma! Sorry about that, just taking precautions as always! Do you like your new disguise?"

"I like it, I just thought, you knowwww..."

Recounting her temporary stop at the underground hangout, she looked down at the outfit Villa insisted that she wear. This time, a knee-length, floral, lavender, chiffon dress with a round woven sling bag, complete with tassel keychains that matched the dress, and white doll shoes to complete the look.

Looking down at what she was wearing, she'll admit Villa has style. But she had a feeling that she didn't really stopped to think which ones looked good on her, specifically. That, and...

"...Isn't the point of disguises is so I could blend in?"

"Oh Enigma, you silly goose! Who says you can't blend in while looking cute at the same time? You have a long way to go before being popular, ya know. Consider this as a beta test!"

"I-I will, thanks."

"Anything for my new project! By the way, I looked through your phone while we were at the mall-"

"You did what-"

"You never told me you made custom dolls! If you told me sooner, I would've made bigger versions of the clothes you made for them-"