Part 14 - Announcement. 

"So y/n, I want to ask you something" Tony tells me as we take our seats in the empty meeting room. I look over to him slightly worried about what he wants to talk about. My mind is racing over a thousand thoughts at once trying to figure out if I had done something wrong.

He seems to sense my concern as he speaks up, "don't worry y/n, your not in trouble. Quite the opposite in fact" he tries to reassure me. I just look at him furrowing my eyebrows at him in confusion.

"I wanted to ask you if you would like to become a member of the team?" Tony asks me. I remain silent finding myself unable to let any words escape me. My eyes widen in shock as to what he just asked me. I was exploring his eyes with my own trying to find any hint of him lying or joking but I found nothing but honesty.

I was surprised at his question, i was panicked about it slightly, don't get me wrong I was happy and excited. I did want to be a part of this team I loved everyone here and everyone has been so nice and welcoming to me, hell I even got my Bucky back. I just couldn't believe that Tony thought I was actually ready for this. My eyes were still wide pure disbelief filling them, my mouth slightly open still trying to comprehend the question he just asked me.

Tony seemed to pick up on my emotions and he started talking again, after I remained silent at his question. "You don't have to answer yet, you can have time to think about it. Take as long as you nee-" Tony began to reassure me until I cut him off by speaking over him.

"I wanna do it" I say "I want to become an avenger" i say my shocked expression now turning itself into an expression filled with excitement. Tony also had a grin spread wide across his face "are you sure y/n? I don't want you to feel like you have to do this." Tony assures me. "I'm sure Tony. This is what I want" I tell him honestly.

"Well then. I shall set up a press conference for later today and we can officially declare you an avenger. Afterwards, personally my favourite part, we can throw you an official welcome party" Tony says all giggly like a child who just opened a present on Christmas. I open my mouth about to speak but Tony speaks first stopping me, knowing what I was going to say. "No objections y/n. Your having a party. I enjoy them, you wouldn't want to upset me would you?" Tony jokingly pouts with added puppy dog eyes.

We both laugh before I walk over to him and give him a hug "thank you for giving me a chance Tony" I say to him as we let go of each other. I walk out of the meeting room first a large smile plastered on my face, Tony following closely behind before he stops just outside of the door.

I turn to look at him just as he hoists his arms up in the air with fists of victory. "SHE SAID YES!" He screams to the avengers gathered in the living room. He receives loud cheers from everyone in the room. Everyone starts walking over to me hugging me and cheering for me. It felt nice being included like this. I felt wanted, like I belong, I have a family. A real family.

~~~

The press conference is about to begin, I'm wailing anxiously with Nat and Wanda outside who volunteered to stay with me so I wouldn't be alone walking out in front of a bunch of people. Tony was wearing a neat tailored suit for the event, the rest of the avengers were wearing their combat suits while I wore the same clothes as before, not having a combat suit and I was told by Tony that what I was wearing was fine.

We heard Tony call my name and that was our cue to walk out onto a big stage with a whole lot of press. Nat, Wanda and I all walked out hand-in-hand, I was in the middle with Nat on my right and Wanda on my left.

I started to grow anxious seeing all of these people in front of me, with cameras and notepads. My hands started to sweat a little. "You okay?" Nat asked as she leaned towards me. I looked over at her, I could feel my face fall pale with anxiety. I nod slightly at her question. "You'll be okay, we will stay with you the whole time if you like?" Wanda tells me calming me down ever so slightly. "Please" I respond glancing towards Wanda.

We walk over and stand by Tony who is ushering us over to him. "Y/n y/l/n! This is our newest recruit, we have offered her a place on our team, to join the avengers. I have to say, she's going to do us all proud she's definitely already grown on all of us. There's no denying we all undoubtedly love this girl!" Tony shares with the press, he receives cheers from everyone in the crowd.

"Y/N Y/L/N EVERYBODY!" Tony states receiving yet another storm of cheers and applause as we all walk off the stage and out of the room again.

We walk out of the room and I immediately embrace Nat and Wanda in a hug. "Thank you so much you two" I thank the girls who didn't let go of my hands the whole time we were out there.

"Your an avenger now y/n, congratulations" I hear Tony say. I turn around to look at him. I wrap my arms around him and pull him into a hug. "Thank you Tony" I say to him. He grips my upper arms and pulls me away from him. "You deserve it. I'm proud of you" Tony tells me. I can't help but smile at his words. I pull him back into another hug.

I see Bucky as I pull away from Tony. I run up to him and jump up onto him throwing my arms around his neck and wrapping my legs around his waist. He spins me around in a circle before placing me back into my feet.

We rest our foreheads together, smiles spread across both of our faces gazing into each other's eyes. I loved his icy blue eyes, they were gorgeous he definitely suited them. He briefly breaks eye contact with me while he stares down at my lips, I find myself doing the same thing my eyes wandering down to where his lips sit. We looked back into each other's eyes before pulling each other into a soft, passionate and loving kiss. We managed to pry ourselves apart realising that we are in a room full of people.

"I love you, doll"

"I love you, soldier"