Part 36 - Usually She'd Put Up A Fight.

An agent came into her cell after leaving her worried sick about her soldiers lack of appearance for days. He pried her away from the corner she was huddled in, in one swift movement keeping her body pressed firmly against his. He dragged her out of the cell door and down the hallway, aggressively manhandling her with ease.

She was fighting with everything she had, desperately trying to free herself from his grasp, he grabbed a fistful of her hair to try and keep her under control. "Please, stop." Fear evident her words, as she frantically tried to escape the agent. She wasn't used to this, her Winter Soldier would throw a fit if he found out anyone touched her, she didn't know where her soldier was though, she's all alone.

"Please." She continued to plead, desperation in her voice. He didn't respond, he just threw her on the hard floor of another dirty room, one she was unfamiliar with since she wasn't allowed to leave her once shared cell. She hit the back of her head harshly on the cold floor. Her body instantly curled into a ball as her hands went to her head.

The agent looked down at the fragile girl on the floor, the sight didn't seem to phase him, you could even see the hint of a sickening grin appear on his face. Her pale skin and damaged body lay shaking on the floor. Suddenly she tried to scramble away from the agent. He snatched her hair again before she was able to get a semi-safe distance away, pulling her sharply back to the center. "Please, i didn't do anything." She begged as he dragged her to a sitting position making her face him.

His emotionless eyes tracing her frail body as she flinched into herself scared of whats to come, she couldn't help but think about her first interactions with her soldier, before they...bonded. "Quiet." He demanded, looking down at her. Soon enough, she gave up fighting, knowing it would do her no good and it would be more beneficial for her to save her energy. She raised her pleading gaze to meet his empty one. "Not me, please. He won't let you." Her voice had become more shaken, her chest picking up speed with panic, the agent reached out to her. He traced his hand down her face, as if to wipe away her tear but gripped her face instead.

"Too bad he's dead." He stated with a slight smirk. Her body started to shake more as her eyes welled up with tears. She felt her heart sink and a pit form in the bottom of her stomach. He knelt down so his face was mere inches from hers. "And it's your fault". "No." She cried, looking at him through layers of tears. "Get on that chair. Now!" His voice even more strict than before, his words held no pity.

Blood poured from his hand as he started to throw punch after punch into the girl, soaking her body with that dark red blood. Each punch was more harsh and painful than the one before. "Please." She begged, her face smeared with a mix of blood and tears.

More agents entered the room, rolling in a table filled with weapons and tools. "You need to learn your lesson." He snickered, the sickening grin grew on his face once again as the agents took their own placed around the seated girl. By the time the agents were done with her, the floor was splattered with her blood. She had no energy, she was tired, weak. She had nothing to live for anymore. Her soldier was dead.

Tony's pov

Y/n

Where are you y/n?

I'm worried about you.
We all are.

I don't want to invade your
privacy but don't think I wont
use the tracker on your phone.
It's there for a reason.

Are you safe at least?

Damn it y/n.

Please be okay.

"That's it. I've had enough. I'm not waiting any longer." I announce to the team. Nobody puts up an argument with me, knowing it's for the best. I check on my computer for her phones location, I find it not to far from here in the middle of nowhere. "I've got her. Bucky, you with me. Sam, take care of Alfie. Everyone else, stay here and let me know if she moves" I instruct. The team nod at me in response.

Bucky and I go to the garage and get in one of the other cars parked in there. We start driving in the direction of y/n. It takes up roughly 15 minutes to get there, breaking a few speed limits on the way.

We pull up to the place, a deserted forest by the looks of it. How she finds these places is beyond me. Her car is parked just in front of ours. We both get out of the car and walk over to the Chevy to try and find her.

As we come up to the car we see y/n in the drivers side, almost lying down. She's squirming around in her seat, sweat pouring from her as her chest rises and falls at a quickening pace in fear. We scramble to open the door and get to her as she's screaming in her not-so-peaceful sleep.

I step out of the way so Bucky can get to her. "Hey, hey doll it's me. It's Bucky. I'm here, your okay." He comforts her. Y/n jolts awake with a heart-wrenching scream. Buckys doesn't let go as he holds the top of her shoulders as she looks around in a state of panic.

"Shhh, your safe." He tells her. She looks at Bucky for a few seconds before diving into his arms and letting him hold her while she calms down. He holds her tight and strokes her hair. "I'm here doll. Your okay. Your okay." He assures her. She cries into his shoulder for a little while until she had calmed down.

She kept continuously apologising to Bucky and myself, but mainly Bucky. No matter how much he reassured her that she had nothing to apologise for, she continued to do it. "Get in the other side. I'll drive home." He told her.

Y/n was obviously in no fit state to drive so she complied with that he said and got out of the car and into the passengers side. Buckys face contorts into slight confusion.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. "That's not like her." He tells me, furrowing his eyebrows some more. "What do you mean?" I ask slightly confused. "Usually she'd put up a fight about someone else driving the Chevy. She loves this car, she gets jealous when someone else drives it." He clears it up for me. "Oh, maybe she just knows it's safer if she doesn't drive today?" I partially ask. "Maybe." He responds, although I can see his face is filled with uncertainty.

Bucky gets into the drivers side of the car while I make my way back to the other car. I leave before Bucky and y/n, I know they will probably want to take a slow ride to talk and be together. I sped off so I could inform the others also.