Part 35 - '67 Chevy Impala.

A/n : I'm so sorry for not updating, I got a motorbike and I've been using that all the time, so I do apologise.

~•~•~•~•~

Y/n's pov

Once we got up to Tony's lab, I went and sat in the corner behind Tony's desk. Tony insisted I sat on one of the comfy arm chairs placed randomly in the room, I decided not to ask why. With some argument from me and much protest from Tony, I finally caved in and agreed to move to a chair. Tony compromised and offered to move the chair into the corner of the room behind his own chair for me, I agreed.

I curled up in the, surprisingly comfortable, arm chair while Tony say behind his desk working on the computer and writing down notes.

I zoned out pretty quickly from everything. I brought my hand up to my face and started anxiously biting my nails. The thoughts of hydra flooding my mind... with Bucky...after Bucky. I'm not sure which was worse, the time where the man I now love hated me so much, or how I was treated after he...left. What haunts me most, is the fact that I'm still having nightmares of what The Winter Soldier did even though I know it wasn't Bucky, I still have nightmares about it. And that pisses me off so damn much.

I came back to reality and out of my thoughts when I realised that Tony was knelt down in front of me clicking his fingers to bring me back. "You okay? We lost you for a bit there." He asks me softly. "Yeah, fine. Sorry" I reply, still a little dazed. I didn't miss the worried look Bruce and Tony shared. I didn't realise how long I was zoned out for until I looked around the lab, Bruce was here with pen on his face. Tony's fingers were red on his writing hand. And there was scrunched up paper all over the lab.

I take a breath and stand up as I get myself together. "Sorry" I mutter, still not fully with it. I leave Tonys lab and head down to the garage. I grab the keys to the '67 Chevy Impala, of course, what else would I drive? In fact, I don't believe I've driven a different car since I got here. Ah well, I've got good taste, what can I say?

I jump in the car with no destination in mind and start to drive. I drive for about 20 minuets on autopilot until I find myself parked in an empty forest, with gorgeous woods surrounding me.

I put a CD in the player of the car, and let the music play. I lay my seat back a little and got comfortable. Unintentionally, I slowly drifted off into a much needed sleep.

Buckys pov

I kept my distance from y/n as I planned to do. I didn't want to make anything any worse for her. I made my was out of my bedroom and into the kitchen where almost everyone else was already. Y/n wasn't there but I didn't expect her to be if I'm being honest.

I've been in the kitchen for no longer than 5 minutes when Nat walks in. "Where's y/n? I've just got back from getting Thor some pop tarts and the Chevys gone and y/n's the only one I know who uses that car." Nat asks the group. My face drops a little knowing y/n left without telling anyone again.

"She was in the lab with me and Bruce before but she zoned out for hours, seemed a little dazed when she came too and she apologised and walked out. She's probably gone to clear her head." Tony admitted, I could see a hint of guilt on his face. If anything did happen to y/n he'd feel guilty, so would I of course, but Tony would beat himself up over it.

I tried to convince myself that she's okay but alas, I just couldn't convince myself enough. So I decided to text her, admittedly a little more than I should have, but I worry about her. I love her for crying out loud.

Y/n

Are you okay?

I know I'm probably the last
person you want to talk to but
I need to know that your okay?

Please y/n.

You don't have to tell me where
you are.

I just need you to let me know that
your safe.

Just tell someone that your safe.

I love you doll.