A New Day

Chapter Fifteen

Here's chapter fifteen! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Oh and I hope you like my new cover too! I may Change it though. (^_^)

So please...

Vote

Comment

Fan/follow

:) ;) :) ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

<^>Beth's POV<^>

I stared at Sam and Lilly for what seemed to be like hours. Slowly I glanced between them, they were not as talkative as they usually were. I nodded my head slightly, something was up and I just had to find out.

"So...." I began and startled both Sam and Lilly who looked at each other with a panicked expression on their faces. I raised my eyebrows in suspicion and they quickly glanced away from each other. Is there something I need to know about?" I paused for a dramatic affect and went on, "Any particular reason why you guys just jumped like about two feet in the air when I said a simple word?" I had pointedly looked between them before I questioned them on their strange behaviors.

Lilly had been reading a thick novel while Sam had been flipping through some colorful pages in a magazine. Sam did not even look like she was even reading the magazine though. She seemed distracted this morning. With a glance at me she quickly ducked her head behind the magazine again. I watched this and gave her a stone hard stare. "Oh Beth, she has just been through a rough night and not to mention Alex is not here with her right now. She is just a little down that's all." Lilly waved her hand as if it were nothing.

"That is it? Because you both look extremely tired today." Lilly nodded at my remark. "Yeah just as I said, we both had a tiring night..." She trailed off and lifted her eyes to meet mine. "We will tell you later once Sam and I gain more energy to talk about it." Sighing, I nodded and left to make a snack.

Stubborn friends.

Walking into the kitchen of our cabin, I stalked over to the refrigerator and pulled it open with a hard yank. For a few seconds I just stood there as I let all the freezing air out. Nothing looked good to eat right now, my appetite seemed to have ditched me. Finally, when the kitchen began to feel like the fridge itself, I snatched up a hand full of green grapes and a bottle of sweet tea. Popping the sweet grapes into my mouth I made my way through the living room. Sam and Lilly still sat silently reading. I shook my head and went outside for some fresh air. The wind rushed through my hair taking locks of my hair and playfully messing it up. I grunted with annoyance and scooped up my hair and twisted it into a high bun. Lowering my arms I moved forward, enjoying the grainy sand between my toes. I glanced up and spotted Jason a few yards away from me. Another juicy grape was dropped into my mouth as I thought. Hmm....maybe Jason knows something about his girlfriend's stange behavior?"

Waving, I got his attention quickly. "What's up Beth. Shouldn't Shane be with you? You guys like never separate, so it's rare to see you ever alone without him by your side." A grin crossed my face. "Oh, he went with Alex to do some shopping," I replied. "Shopping....really....never thought they would ever be willing to do such a thing." I laughed at Jason's statement, thinking the same thing too. "Of course they weren't willing, Sam and I had to beg them for a hour before they went........speaking of Sam, do you know what's wrong with her and Lilly? I mean you might not know what's wrong with Sam but how about Lilly, both of them seem to be out of it today and it's only eleven o'clock in the morning!"

Jason fell silent and took a deep breath. I paused, what was the matter with everyone. Goodness it almost seemed as if something life threatening had happened to them!