2 | livin' on a prayer

THERE WAS A PLOT HOLE IN MY MASTER PLAN

After I snuck out and learned there was no available Uber nearby, I realized I hadn't thought about this escape plan thoroughly in the first place. It was because of the lack of time to think; otherwise, I was a planner. We picked a church in the countryside, thinking it would be romantic and convenient since it was closer to the airport.

I sighed, looking down at my heels and my poor honeymoon suitcase. I was supposed to fly off to Bali with Marcus, not wallowing in pain for a ride. The closest ride was thirty minutes away, but I didn't have even seconds to waste.

My aunt must have been back at the scene, explaining the situation to Pops and the guests. It was about time that they would walk out of the chapel and see me: the runaway bride that was jilted at the altar. I had to find another way to run away since I didn't want to fail at another thing today.

A loud engine at the other end of the parking lot caught my attention in the meantime. It was coming from a vintage red Mustang with white stripes. The engine barked like it was fighting for its life. Why would someone want to drive something that ancient? I watched the exhaust gas going off the car for a while, contemplating my next move.

No matter how old it is, it can get you out of here.

The only available option in this freaking mess was an old Mustang, so I needed to convince the driver to drop me somewhere centric. Could the driver be somebody I knew? I supposed not since they would be in the chapel with others instead of waiting outside.

With that confidence, I dragged my suitcase along toward the car. I lifted my skirt with one hand and paid extra attention to the cobblestones not to trip. The humid air made my face sweat, but I needed to focus on my mission to make it out of here in dignity.

As I always did, I reminded myself that today would pass, and it would hurt less.

I dropped the suitcase when I reached the car and walked to the passenger door. The windows were blackout filmed, so I couldn't make out the car's interior or driver. I bent down a little as I knocked softly on the window, hoping the driver would roll down the freaking window.