CHAPTER 11

Zora

The next morning I didn't wait for Harvey to take me to work like she always does, she seemed pretty fucked up last night so I put some pills and a glass of water on her nightstand and then left for work.

My phone started to ring and I looked at the unfamiliar number, I looked at it for a second and decided to answer maybe it was important.

"Yes?" I answered and smiled at the driver who already held my door open. I went inside and waited for the person to say something.

"Is this Zora?" The voice said, I pulled the phone away to look at the number.

"This is she, who's this?" I replied starting to get annoyed, the woman let out a small chuckle and spoke again.

"Blondie? From last night, you gave me your number after that freak interrupted us?" She said with a hint of amusement in her voice, I didn't even remember her name. I spent the night drinking with Jess and then went back home I wasn't even in the mood to have sex anymore.

"Oh yes...Blondie. Stacey was it?" I purposely said a random name trying to make her upset so she can hangup, I don't give my number to my nightstands and I wanted to get rid of her.

"Oh you remembered!" I smacked myself on the forehead in disbelief, out of all random names I say hers that I don't even know! What the hell! Was this a fuckin joke.

"I wasn't expecting you to, anyways. I'd love to see you again tonight, to finish what we started." She said once again after the long deafening silence. I sighed and left the car because I was already in front of the building.

"Look Stacey, I'm sorry but I don't know why I gave a stranger my number I was just mad and horny. I-"

"C'mon, it's just an unfinished one night stand. You won't see me after. And you do own me for leaving me horny" she cut me, I was thinking was there actually a lesbian called Stacey? Would it make a difference if I do sleep with her? Well, I doesn't really matter to me.

"Fine, tonight, same time" I said hanging up, I was probably not gonna go either way. So I just got her off of my ass she'll get over it.

"What's that on your neck?" Kylie said as soon as I walked to my floor. I gave her a confused look and pulled my phone out to look at my neck just to find a hickey that I didn't see this morning because I didn't have time to look in the fucking mirror.

"Jesus, were you having sex with a vacuum cleaner?" She joked, I rolled my eyes and rushed to my office. I didn't even bring any makeup to cover it, I just didn't want anyone. Specially my own mother seeing it because she'll think I was sleeping with Harvey.

I quickly dialed Jess's number and put the phone to my ear. A few rings later and she finally picked up.

"Can you bring me my makeup purse please" I begged, she groaned and I heard her shuffle around her house and another voice mumble something.

"I'll be there in a minute" she yawned, I heard her shush the person and she quickly hangup. Jess wasn't the type to sleep around, she broke hearts but she didn't do nightstands although she loved kissing random chicks in the club for no particular reason, just for the rush of it.

My phone rang again and I groaned when I saw the unknown number. I answered and waited to hear Blondie's voice but instead it was Pierre's. The car guy.

"Z! How are you feeling! I have amazing news" he said loudly, it was way to early for his enthusiasm.

"It better be a good one this time, or I'll never answer your calls again" I replied annoyed, I put the phone on speaker and started working while listening to what he had to say.

"The skyline's owner wants to race you" his sentence made my head shot up in surprise,

"Like the actual owner?!" I asked surprised,

"Exactly, their name is V and they put a huge bet. Your car against theirs, the winner takes both" Pierre said with excitement in his voice, when the challenge was this big, the driver is willing to risk losing their car for a race with me? They must be good.

"What are you scared they'll take your baby? C'mon, it's an easy win. Imagine that R34 racing with your plate on it. Amazing..." He said while chewing loudly on his gum, I mean I know the race track by heart and it is 80% win for me and 20% for them. I've never lost a race so why not risk it all for it.

"Deal." I replied shortly.

"Fantastic! Tomorrow night at the city center" he said making my eyes go wide in horror.

"You didn't tell me we were going to race in the city! Pierre! Hello?!" I yelled but he already hangup. I slammed my phone on the table and huffed.

The only time I have crashed was in a race in the city with an unknown driver, their car flipped and so did mine. Niko quickly got me out, I was half conscious and could barely see anything.

She quickly took me to the hospital, I didn't know what happened to the other driver but Niko told me their car looked like shit and the rumors said that the passenger had died in the crash, while the driver was badly injured as for their identity, it was unknown for some reason.

"Zora? You okay?" I heard Jess's voice, I looked up at her with my eyes filled with tears. I remembered how we just drove side by side and I tried to cut them off to get away unfortunately for the both of us and because of the super fast speed the back of my car touched their right front wheel and it made them lose balance. Everything went black with the loud crash noise and screams.

It was all my fault...

"Hey? You're okay. Listen to my voice" arms wrapped around my shoulder and tried to calm me down.

I don't know how or when I sat on the ground but I was and Niko was sitting next to me with her arms around me while Jess had a panicked look. I was hyperventilating while Niko was trying to remind me of breathing exercises.

"That's it, good job" she said rubbing my back as I inhaled and exhaled slowly. I was still shaking with tears on my face but the attack was slowly fading away.

"What happened?" Jess asked, I sighed and leaned my head on my sister.

"I had a bad flashback of the crash..." I whispered, Jess looked at Niko for a second and then back at me.

"What made you remember?" She asked again,

"Pierre called, he said the skyline's owner wanted a race. The bet was our cars and the winner takes both" I started making Niko give me a confused look.

"After I accepted the deal, he said the race will be in the city..." I said hiding my face in my hands.

"Fuck..." I heard Niko say under her breath, she knew how bad it was for me. It was the reason why I almost quit racing but she was there to help me recover and now it was all coming back. I don't think I'll be able to race, and that 80% chance of me winning just shrinked to 40%.

**************************************
Soooo do you guys see where this is going?

Hmmmmmm

Anyways! Have a great day or night!

Muah

-S