CHAPTER 14

Zora

"Morning Dawn, Zora" Angel said, I wasn't looking at her. I was just staring at my fingers while trying to hold my tears in.

"Unfortunately, Harvey has firmly demanded that the business wasn't going to work between our kids..." She sighed as she read through the papers sat in front of her, I was rubbing my hands together nervously while my mom just listened carefully.

"My daughter had confirmed that her and Zora have agreed on not following with the marriage. I'm here today, to get the real answer from you Zora" Angel put the papers down and gave me a look full of hope and sadness, if Harvey really wanted this than I'm not going to retrain her and make her stay. Maybe she's right about this deal not being a good idea.

"Honey, it's okay. Your comfort is what matters. Do you really want this to end?" my mom asked, I looked at her and she just smiled sadly. I turned to look at Angel and nodded in agreement.

"Well then, I guess...the deal is over" she mumbled getting her stuff. She stood up and have her hand to my mother to shake.

"It was nice meeting you Dawn, maybe another time we can work together." Angel said with a smile, my mom smiled back and walked her to the door. I looked at the seat where Harvey was sitting the last time she was here, she looked very beautiful in her black suit. I groaned and laid my head on the table. Why was I thinking of her like that now.

I was sitting in my mom's kitchen while everyone ate in silence, Niko wasn't on her phone for the first time, my mom didn't leave for work yet and mama wasn't standing in front of the stove.

They were just sitting and staring at me, I sighed and folded my arms in front of me. They been careful with my "feelings" since Harvey left. And that was literally over a week ago. Everyone was asking me if I was okay and if I needed something.

"It wasn't a break up or a divorce, there was no relationship in the first place. Just business, and it's over" I mumbled the last part putting a spoonful of cereal in mouth, I sighed and stood up when their eyes won't stop staring.

"Where are you going?!" My mom called, I was tired and broken for some reason. Why was I deeply depressed when she suddenly left, not even Angel knows where she went.

"My room" I replied annoyed, I slammed my door shut and jumped on my bed. I couldn't hate her no matter how hard I tried, she was hurt as well that's why she was acting like that. She lost someone very dear to her so suddenly, it must've been heartbreaking.

A soft knock on my door made me drop back to reality, I mumbled a small 'come in' and Jess walked through the door. I smiled and opened my arms for her to come give me a hug, she smiled and jumped on the bed.

"How are you feeling?" She asked laying next to me, I groaned rolling my eyes and she just chuckled.

"You know we're all just worried about you, that's why. You haven't been eating well, always closed up in this room. I feels like you were literally in love with her." She said sarcastically, I didn't laugh. I didn't find it funny, she quickly apologized.

"I kind of miss her presence, she was annoying but she..." I trailed off, her eyes were very pretty to look at. Her attitude was very irritating but I admit, I enjoyed the cat and mouse thing we had. I always knew she enjoyed staring at my ass, she also enjoyed annoying me a lot. I like how she had to bend a bit down to get closer to my face in an intimidating way. The height difference was hot.

"Hello? Earth to Zora" Jess snapped her fingers in front of my face waking me up from my day dream, tears started streaming down my face and I wasn't able to stop them. Would it have worked if she never knew about me? Would the contract have brought us closer? Could've I liked it? Liked her maybe?

"She's never going to forgive me Jessy, for the first time someone who was as hardheaded and childish as me. Someone who matched my energy appears in my life and I blow things up before they even started" I cried out, she just shushed me and hugged me to comfort me.

Later that day, Jess had left with Niko probably to have sex back at her house and I was tired of staying in my room. So I decided to go back to the house where Harvey and I stayed.

I parked my car in front of the house and I saw a truck and a black SUV next to the house. While the door was open, men were taking furniture from the house and they put them in the truck.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doing?!" I yelled, I ran inside the house and I saw a tall woman with long black hair in a dark suit was talking to some men while her back was facing me.

"Harvey?" I whispered in disbelief, I ran to her and pulled her by the arm to face me.  

The taller woman had similar features to Harvey but with vibrant blue eyes, she smiled at me and gave me her hand to shake. Her aura was insanely powerful and she was very intimidating.

"You must be Zora, I'm Lucifer. Harvey's other mom" I hesitantly shook her hand and she smiled which weirded me out.

"I'm sorry if my daughter has caused you any problems. After the death of her girlfriend she just completely changed" she explained, I swallowed hard and nodded avoiding her eyes.

"I'm sure you know about the incident" she said looking at one of her men and asked him to leave us alone.

"I don't blame you for Lara's death...walk with me" she asked politely, so that was her name. We left the house and went to the backyard, we sat on one of the benches and she let out a long sigh.

"Sometimes bad things happen to good people. You can't escape from destiny, if it was meant to be they would've been together now." She said patting my knee in a comforting way, I looked at the woman sitting next to me with my watery eyes.

"All I'm saying is, Harvey is a good kid. All that toughness is to hide who she really is. I hope you wait for her Zora. She deserves a closure, both of you deserve a closure." She said in a sad tone while staring at the green space in front of us.

"I can't tell you where she is or when she's coming back, only I'?m allowed to know that. But you can call me whenever you want to ask about her" she gave me her business card and I nodded with a small and sad smile, she stood up and called for one of her men.

"Put the stuff back inside" she ordered him, he bowed and left. She winked at me before she left as well. What is it with the Castillos being extremely hot and intimidating.

***************************************
I told you I either update once and disappear for a month of I can't stop updating no in between. I am a psychopath...

-S