CHAPTER 16

Zora

Stacey just left for work, she's a makeup artist and she had a busy schedule today since she worked with celebrities. We were having sex and then she stopped and said that she was late and she'll make it up to me when she comes back tomorrow. I just agreed and waited until she left and finished myself off.

After a long day of work I went back home and took a shower. I sat on my kitchen counter with a cup of coffee, I still couldn't believe I met her again. Was she here the whole time? I wonder how she's feeling? She seemed very nice to me and like she didn't hate me.

I grabbed the coat I was wearing that day and searched the pockets, I grabbed the small pieces and put them in front of me. I started solving them like a puzzle until the number was clear. I smiled and grabbed my phone to add her number. I stared at the screen and after thinking thousands of times if I should or shouldn't call. I sighed and finally decided to call.

The one rang, once, twice, the third time when I didn't get an answer I quickly pulled the phone away from my ear and hangup. What was I thinking? She's being too nice? She's never nice? It's scaring me a bit.

"Hey babes" Jess said walking inside the kitchen, she kissed the top of my head and sat next to me. She tapped her hands on the table and I noticed a shiny object on her finger.

"No fuckin way!" I yelled holding her hand, she squealed in excitement while jumping in her seat.

"Yes fuckin way! Niko proposed! I'm going to fuckin faint" she said loudly with a very long sigh, I got up hugging her so tight. I was so happy they both could finally settle down.

"I'm so glad and happy for you Jessy" I kissed her cheek, she smiled happily and sighed in satisfaction.

"I have tea" I said, her eyes widened and she fixed her posture and pulled her hair behind her ears to listen to what I had to say.

"Harvey is here" I started and she gasped dramatically.

"What!" She yelled looking behind me as if she was looking for Harvey here. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms in front of me.

"I meant in the city not in my house you idiot" I said, she smirked mischievously and leaned closer.

"So you're finally going to get rid of that the whitecracker corn haired looking bitch, not even your dog, who's literally nice to everyone, likes her" she said in a whisper afraid that Stacey was in the house listening to our conversation. I laughed and shook my head no.

"No I'm not, she's my girlfriend and I can't just break up with her because Harvey appeared out of nowhere. Who will give me the reassurance that she won't disappear again" I said in a sad voice, her hand touched mine and I looked at her with the best smile I could put.

"You'll never know if she wants you if you don't talk to her, Zora" Jess said, should I really call her again. It's been only three days since I saw her, wasn't it too early? Would she think I'm desperate to talk to her?

"C'mon babes where's the Zora I know" Jess patted my hand with a smile, we chatted for a while before Niko called her. They were going on a date, I miss going on dates with Stacey. She wasn't always so jealous and weird, she cared about our dates and what I wanted and how I felt. The first couple of months were perfect that's why I considered going on a date with her and even being with her.

I looked at my screen where Harvey's number was writing and I hovered over the call button with my thumb.

The phone rang for a few seconds and I gave up on calling. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I was about to end the call when I heard her raspy and sleepy voice.

"Hello?" She hoarsely said, oh shit I woke her up from sleep. I didn't realize I was calling so late.

"It's Zora..." I replied with a low voice, I heard her clear her voice and yawn slightly.

"Hey, are you okay?" She whispered, I couldn't help but smile. Why? I have no idea, my body was reacting on its own.

"Oh, yes. I- I'm sorry for waking you up. Go back to sleep" I apologized then everything went silent. I pulled the phone away to see if she hang up or fell asleep.

"Come over..."

I found myself standing in front of a house at three in the morning. I was breathing heavily contemplating if this was actually a good idea, it was very cold outside thankfully I was wearing a big scarf and a warm coat. After staring at the door for a few more minutes I knocked.

A moment later, Harvey opened the door and quickly pulled me inside into the warmth. Her hand was still in mine while we walked further in. She grabbed my coat and took off hanging it then came back just to stand so close to me. I could see her throat move when she swallowed, that's how close she was. Her intoxicating scent was all over me and I loved it. She smelled so nice...

She gently pulled the scarf off of my neck and I let out long sigh of relief that I didn't know I was holding. She was still standing there looking down at me, I swallowed hard and bit my lip out of nervousness.

I had a hate love relationship with the way she looked at me. I adored her eyes on me and how they gawked at me but they also made me feel so insecure.

I went to turn my head away but she grabbed my chin with her hand and made me look at her. The way her eyes glowed while they intensely stared into mine was making my breath lose rythme.

"You have such beautiful eyes" she whispered leaning a bit closer, I was unhealthily craving her lips. I wanted a taste so bad, I closed my eyes waiting, just for them to land on the corner on my lips.

She pulled away grabbing my hand and pulled me to the couch, she sat next to me and I leaned on her chest. She put the covers over us and started slowly caressing my hair with one hand while the hard was intertwined with mine.

"Where have you been?" I finally asked, she sighed and stopped caressing my hair for a second.

"I went back to Italy, I was staying at my grandma's. I just came back a month ago" she said, I looked around the place and she had all different types of paintings and painting supplies.

"Did you paint all of these?" I asked feeling myself getting sleepier as the time went by. She hummed as an answer and yawned.

"My grandma is a painter. I guess I inherited that from her. I just needed the right events to wake up the talent" she chuckled, I sat up to look at her face and I found my fingers tracing the scar she had.

"I'm sorry if I caused you pain Harvey, I never meant to hurt you" she nodded her head while her eyes held sadness in them. I leaned in kissing her scar and she smiled slightly.

"Aww you have a crush on me" she mumbled amusingly and I rolled my eyes at her. She's never going to change, she chuckled and stood up pulling me up with her.

"Let's go sleep, I'm tired...and cold" she winked, I groaned and push her by the shoulder playfully. As soon as we put our head on the pillows, she wrapped me in her arms and pulled me closer to her chest and for once in a long time. I felt good, I felt safe....

***********************************
Aren't you spoiled little brats!

-S