CHAPTER 15

Zora

I now live in that house, I adopted a dog to keep me company. I have changed the interior into a lighter color of white. It's been a whole year since Harvey has left and I was slowly healing from the accident, I wasn't over her though. I couldn't get over her if I'm being honest...

If my girlfriend hears about this, it'll be her 13 reason why. Because she accused me of cheating when I don't even leave my fucking house.

"Yes Stacey?" I answered the phone annoyed, and yes Stacey the Blondie from the night club was my girlfriend, we've only been together for six months. I accidentally met her at my club one night and we just had sex then it kept happening until she asked me on a date and now here we are. I still wonder all the four times I saw her in the club were an accident or she was waiting for me to appear.

"Hey baby, why do you sound upset?" She asked suspiciously, I sighed and sat the dog bowl and whistled for him. My white and black Dane came running from around the corner wagging his tail. His name is Oreo, get it cause his black and white. I hate myself sometimes.

"I'm just late for work, that's why" I said scratching Oreo's back, he was a good boy very overprotective but a good boy.

"Hmm I wonder what kept you up last night so that you woke up late" she teased I rolled my eyes so hard they almost got stuck in my head.

"My suicidal thoughts, Stacey" I replied hearing her gasp, I rolled my eyes knowing very well what she was going to say.

"That is not funny babe, you shouldn't joke about that" I groaned internally. She overly jealous and I'm not saying in a good way, like we go back home and fucks the life out of me.

The 'I'm going to make you regret existing', like the 'why did you dress like that to get people's attention'. I'm like huh? I dress like this because I'm feeling myself, I am hot and confident.

"I was joking. Anyways, I have to go to work bye" I hangup before she could say another word and patted Oreo before grabbing my keys and leaving for work.

Everything was going smoothly at work, same boring things. Signing and checking for new emails from other cooperations.

I felt suffocated and tired so I decided to end it, not my life. The day.

I picked up my things and went to my mom's office. I knocked and she told me to come in. I smiled and leaned on the door frame.

"Hi honey" she said taking her eyes off of her laptop.

"Do you need anything before I leave mom?" I asked her, she shook her head no and smiled warmly.

"No, I'm good. I'll leave in a bit as well. See you later honey" she replied going back to work, I shut the door behind me and left the building. I remembered that I finished a book I was reading and needed to get a new one. So I went to a small library in the old part of town, it was small but warm and inviting. I used to go there with Jess when we were still in highschool.

I parked the car in front of the small place and went inside. The old guy smiled warmly at me and walked closer to give me a hug.

"Zora, it's been a while." Mr Albert said, he was a grandpa in his late eighties. I took off my scarf and coat walking around the tall shelfves of books. I traced my fingers through the covers trying to find a good book to read.

"Here, read this one and tell me what you think" I grabbed the white book and stared at it curiously. I smiled at Mr Albert and nodded my head. He left to a different corner of the shop and I sat on one of the seats reading the first pages of the book.

The main character was a woman with dark black hair and blue eyes, oddly similar to someone. I kept reading about her life and where she came from and how she turned out only in the very first pages.

But was it just the first pages, I stopped for a second and stared at the almost 2 inch size of pages that I've read in surprise. I didn't know how long I spent here but I was too interested in the book that I didn't hear my phone ring or paid attention to the time on my watch.

"See you later Mr Albert!" I grabbing my coat and purse along with the new book. It was very windy outside that just as I took a step forward some bumped very hard with me. We both fell on the floor and I winced feeling something cut me on the leg.

"Are you okay?" I looked up at her and my eyes widened, I have completely forgotten about my cut and about my surroundings. She just looked at me worriedly.

"I- I'm fine" I mumbled, I looked at the stuff she was holding. Canvases and painting supplies. She helped me on my feet with a small smile on her face.

"I'm glad to see you again Harvey" I whispered staring at her still not believing she was actually standing in front of me. She nodded her head while looking at the ground and then back at me.

"Your leg is bleeding, come with me let me clean your cut. My house is right around the corner." She said in a panicked voice, I smiled and shook my head no.

"It's okay, I'm fine. Nothing serious" I replied closing my coat because it was starting to feel cold.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going. I had to run to my house before the paintings get ruined" she chuckeld pointing to the scattered stuff on the ground, she bent down to pick up her stuff and I did as well helping her.

We both went to grab a smaller painting and she accidentally put her hand over mine. My heart was beating uncontrollably and I had no idea what was happening to me. I quickly pulled my hand away feeling my cheeks get warm.

"Here's my card, let me make it up to you. For cutting your leg. Please..." She handed me a business card with her name on it and a different number. I hesitantly took the card and nodded.

"Nice seeing you again, Zora" she smiled softly at me and then went away. I huffed while rubbing my forehead and got in my car, I put the card in my coat pocket and drove back to my place.

When I reached the house, I stayed in the car staring at the card in my hands. Did she really think she could appear out of nowhere and make my feelings appear as well. God I hate her so much...

I heard my house's door open and I looked up to find Stacey staring at me suspiciously. In a panicked moment I cut the card into small pieces and shoved it in my pocket. If she finds it, she'll think I'm cheating again and I'll never hear the end of it.

I got out the car and smiled at her, I wrapped my arms around her and she looked at me suspiciously. I winced remembering the cut on my leg and that caught her attention.

"Oh my god, baby! What happened?!" She asked loudly,

"I was in the office and accidentally hit a sharp edge. Nothing serious" I said reassuring her, we both went inside the house and she went to get me bandages and alcohol. I sat on the couch and she started to clean my cut then put a small bandage on it.

"I'm glad you're okay baby, I don't know what I would do if you were seriously hurt" she said, I was fighting the urge to roll my eyes so I just smiled instead and leaned to kiss her so I can shut her up.

"I'm fine, thank you for helping me" I whispered against her lips, she smiled back and I got up to go change. The day was just too eventful and I had to end up with a very good sleep.

***************************************
Let's go, another one!

-S