CHAPTER 13

Zora

I watched as she left only leaving wheel stains and fading car noise behind. The look of sadness and somehow betrayal, was in her eyes. The accident happened three years ago, I was only 19 at the time, I was reckless and obsessed with racing. I didn't mean to cut her off in a turn and ending up killing someone with my recklessness.

"Zora? Do you hear me?" Niko touched my head, I looked at her my tears still streaming down my face.

"Harvey is the unknown driver from the accident" I mumbled, my sister's eyes widened in realization. She helped me on my feet while I tried to keep my balance. She checked my head and I told her I was fine and it was just a small cut.

"Are you sure?" She asked again worried.

"Nothing Jess can't fix" I mumbled, Jess graduated nursing school and business school and now she works for aunt Lee. Just like I'm working for my mother.

"I'll call Pierre, he'll take back the car to the garage. I can fix it for you, don't worry" she tried to make me feel better but I didn't care about the car anymore. I had too much in mind to be thinking about it, how was I going to explain things to Harvey. Will she even talk to me?

"Thank you Niko" I smiled weakly while she helped me get in her car, I laid my head on the seat and looked out of the window.

The look she had in her eyes was carved in my head, did I cause that scar? Did I really ruin her face and kill a person she loved? I couldn't stop thinking about it. Just as we reached Jess's house, she ran out the door in her pyjamas and wrapped her arms around me.

"You scared me Zora" she whispered, I cried on her shoulder and she just rubbed my back in a comforting way. We walked inside the house and to her room, she went to the bathroom to get her medkit.

"So you're telling me that Scar is the driver from your worst nightmare" Jess said as she pushed the needle in my skin making me hiss. Niko was just looking the other way because she hated seeing me hurt not after what happened that day. She said I had a broken leg and my head was drowning in blood.

"There you go, babe can you bring me my purse p... please?" Jess said with her eyes wide, I gave her a confused and she was looking at Niko. They stared at each other trying to say something but neither of them let a word out.

"Babe?" I said confused, a few seconds later my eyes widened in realization. My sister and Jess were fucking.

"About fuckin time" I said with a smirk, they looked me weirded out by my acceptance of their relationship or whatever they were having.

"You're not mad?" Niko asked, I chuckled and quickly regretted it because my head started to sting.

"This woman right here would've gone insane if she didn't fuck you" I pointed to Jessy who was blushing intensely, she groaned and hide her face in the pillow.

I chuckled and laid on her bed, soon my smiled dropped when my thoughts went back to Harvey. Where was she now? Was she okay? Was she home alone?

"I- I have to go home, I need to check on her. She drinks heavily and she could be hurt" I said in a panicked voice, I stood up grabbing my sister's car keys and went to the front door while her and Jess called for me.

"She's a grown woman, Zora!" Niko yelled trying to stop me from getting into her car, I was having another panic attack but I had to suppress it. I had to stop it, somehow.

"P-please Niko..." I begged hearing my voice crack, she still had a stern look while leaning on the car door.

"I don't want to be the reason for another person's death" I said, she stared at me for a moment and then sighed. She looked at Jess who was standing at the door with a worried look.

"At least let me take you there" she said, I smiled and hugged her. She smiled sadly and went to Jess and gave her a small kiss then ran back to the car.

"I want you to know Zora that it wasn't your fault that the person Harvey was with died" she said as we started driving, I hummed so she can continue.

I do blame myself everyday, I tried to forget, to forgive myself. But I don't think I'll be able to do that unless Harvey forgives me.

"You wouldn't kill an innocent soul or harm it purposely Zora. You're my sister and I know you..." She reassured again, I smiled at her weakly and nodded. She sighed and stopped the car in front of the house.

"Call me when you get to Jess's, goodnight Niko" I said exiting the car, the house's lights were off so I was doubting that Harvey was in there. I took a deep breath before entering the house, I locked the front door and went further inside looking left and right trying to see if she was in here.

I took a step and I heard the sound of broken glass under my shoes. I looked down and indeed the floor was filled with it. I went to the kitchen just to hear the sound of a glass bottle being put on a hard surface.

"Harvey?" I called for her, I found her sitting on the floor with a bottle of alcohol next to her. She had her head down while her arms were wrapped around her knees.

"Please leave..." She said still not looking at me,  I took another step forward and her head shot up. Her eyes were red from crying and she looked like she was in so much pain.

"Leave Zora, I don't wanna hurt you. I'm not okay..." She said leaning her head back and I could see the front of her shirt, it blood stains on it.

"Oh my god! Are you hurt?!" I ran to her side but that only angered her even more. She stood up abruptly hovering over me.

"Do you ever fuckin listen! I told you to leave! I can hurt you! I will hurt you if I want!" She yelled getting closer to my face, she was breathing heavily and fuming with anger.

"I don't wanna hurt you Zora please..." She begged, her hand was shaking close to my face about to grab me and I saw the deep cut in her palm. I went to reach to grab her hand but she yanked back slightly and started banging it on her forehead.

"Harvey, let me help you..." I mumbled softly grabbing her hand away from her head but she only hit it harder and harder and it was only making me cry harder.

"Stop hitting yourself, please. Let me help you" I cried out and she stopped, her eyes looked at me and they weren't the same hurt and sad ones, just numb.

"You wanna help me?" She asked sarcastically I still nodded showing her how real my decision was.

"You can help me by... leaving me the fuck alone." She smiled coldly at me, I swallowed the saliva in my mouth and inhaled deeply.

"I never meant to hurt you Harvey, I never meant to kill anyone. It was an accident, I blame myself everyday I wish it never happened, I wish I never chose to race that day..." She turned her back to me scoffing and pacing around.

"But what can I fucking do?! It just happened?! You can blame me all you want, but I hope you're also blaming yourself as much as I'm blaming myself because we both chose to race that day!" I finished, for a second I saw my life flash before my eyes. I watched as her fist made its way towards my face and I closed my eyes waiting for the collision.

A loud bang was heard and I opened my eyes to look at her just to find her fist buried in the wall a few inches from my head.

"The deal...is over" Were her last words before she pulled away and left me standing confused and broken.

********************************************
Hmmmmmm tell me how you feel about this?

-S