Chapter 18.

I just froze in my spot. I watched as Dougie pulled the chair out for Ellie. I watched as they sat down and at the small romantic table. I watched as they smiled at each other and made small talk. I watched as he extended his arm out and took her hand in his.

I immediately felt jealous. I felt like he'd cheated on me, right in front of me. even though we aren't together and she isn't his real girlfriend.

I felt Maria grab my arm, shaking me out of my trance. "Zoe? Are you okay?" her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at me with concern.

I could either just straight out tell her that I was angry that dougie had just walked in with ellie or I could lie. I chose the latter.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just need a minute." I quickly spoke before turning around and walking to the backdoor I was walking as fast as I could, weaving in and out of tables before I was called back.

"Zoe, where on earth are you going?" My boss stood there, his arms folded, his sweat coated forehead lined with wrinkles as he rose is eyebrows in question. Jesus does he have to make this anymore worse than it already is I thought to myself as I turned around.

"I uh...I needed fresh air boss. It's so hot in h-"

He screwed up his face and unfolded his arms before lightly pushing my shoulder, "nonsense. go and serve table 7 right now if you don't want me to fire you right here, in front of everyone." He spat. I turned around and scanned the room to find number 7.

and this being just my luck. That was dougie and ellie's table. I sucked in a sharp breath, gave my boss the most sarcastic smile I could and made my way over.

The closer it got I felt like the room was contracting in on itself, like the only people in here was me, dougie and her.

I noticed that outside of the window, into the cold night stood a small crowd of paparazzi flashing their cameras at them both. They both sat over a small table with a long wax candle in the middle, and rose petals scattered over the immaculate white cloth. If I didn't know any better, by the way they were acting I'd think they were in a real relationship.

Please can the floor swallow me right now.

I put on my best fake smile and stood at the side of their table, they both looked up. Dougies face was priceless, his eyes went wide and ellie's face, well was just neutral.

"Hey Z-" he stopped himself before he carried on. "Hey." he gave me a small smile, I didn't reply back. Ellie never said anything. God she was ignorant

"Can I take your order?" I said looking at them both. Once they had told me their orders I didn't want to stay one second longer. I headed towards the kitchen not even giving dougie a second glance and passed them the order I wrote down.

I couldn't handle this any longer, I needed just one minute alone. I pushed the double doors open that led to the bathrooms. I walked into the ladies and stared into the mirror. I looked drained. I was, both mentally and physically.

My small amount of make up had failed to cover the dark circles under my eyes, my hair was loose in a bun on my head stray hairs had fallen onto my face. I let out a small huff.

I'd spent about 3 minutes stood there before I decided to head back out before I really did get fired.

I walked back out into the hall and bumped into someone, without even looking at them I spoke, "I'm so sorry!" I attempted to walk out but they grabbed my arm. "Hey, what the f-" I spun around to be met by Goldilocks himself.

"It's only me! Are you okay?"

I scoffed, "Like you care, shouldn't you be with her?"

"I'm just going for a pee. And I may have seen you walk in here." he admits mumbling the last part.

"Cool. Well I need to go-" i wasn't even kidding. i'll get fired if my boss sees i'm gone for more than five minutes then i'll be jobless and moneyless.

"No wait! How did the report to the police go?" He questioned, still holding my arm.

"Fine. They're looking into it, now I really have to go." My voice was flat, I just wanted the night to end so I could go home and go to sleep.

"You look exhausted, how are you getting home?" where did that even come from? I wasn't even in the mood to argue about how it's none of his business blah blah..

"I am exhausted. And cara is picking me up I think. Listen I'll get fired if I don't go back now." I sighed pulling my arm out of his grasp. He just nodded without saying a word. And with that I walked back.

9:54pm

Dougie and Ellie were ready to leave, They linked arms and walked out. I watched as they walked through the paps and to Dougies car. Once they had gone, I walked over to the back room where we put our personal belongings and I got my bag. Maria came in and gave me a small smile.

"Sorry I wasn't really talkative today, I'm just really worn out." She nodded.

"Don't apologise, plus I don't think that was the full truth was it?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Huh?"

"You were totally annoyed over dougie and Ellie. I get it though." How did he even get onto that? I wasn't being that unsubtle was I?

"It's a long story" I chuckled, "I'll tell you some other time"

"You can have my number if you want, then we can text?" I can't even believe within the year I've worked here Maria and I hadn't even interacted outside of work.

"Yeah, that'd be a great idea" I got my phone out and we exchanged numbers before saying goodbye.

I walked out of work and there was cara waiting in her car, I opened the door and got in. She didn't speak she just handed me a pack of toffee popcorn, I could see her mouth twitch up into a smile as I took them out of her hand and began to delve in.

"I needed these" I attempted to speak, as I shoved another handful in. She just laughed.

"Off home we go. Tell me all about it when we get in okay?" She knew how exhausted I was, even without speaking to me. Who needs boys anyway when you have an awesome best friend?

~

Crappy update 😕
Anyway who do you picture or want to play Zoe? I've had
Lily Collins and cara delevingne up to now if you want either of them or have another suggestion let me know !!!
Comment your thoughts, vote if you liked :-)