CHANGKYUN

MEMBER: CHANGKYUNGENRE: FLUFF

MEMBER: CHANGKYUN
GENRE: FLUFF

____

Somewhere only we know...

I walk down the jagged path enjoying the sound of the birds chirping early in the morning. The breeze adding to the morning wake up call. The ice clinks against the mason jars as I carry two cups of caramel ice-coffees.

Once I climb over the last fallen piece of wood I see him sitting at the edge of the hill. His head is tilted back as he soaks in the sun. I nudge him a bit as I sit down.

I hand him the coffee and he smiles. He takes a sip and his face ties up.

Changkyun: It's so sweet.
Me: I like sweet things!
Changkyun: I know.

Changkyun and I have been best-friends since we were eight. Kids were cruel so he fought my bullies for me and the rest is history. Here we are now twenty years old fighting through college.

This hill is our only peace.

We discovered it when we were twelve and went exploring. More-so I talked him into exploring, we got lost and found this.

No one else knows where this place is so it's that much more special to us.

Changkyun: So how'd that quiz go?
Me: Failed it!
Changkyun: Why do you sound so happy about it?
Me: Because I know you'll try your best to cheer me up if I express how disappointed I really am.

He smiles.

Changkyun: As a best-friend that's my duty.
Me: How was your test?
Changkyun: Oh it was terrible, I didn't study though so I expected the outcome.

A strong breeze wisps around making me smile. It's like nature's way of saying "there's always next time." When we were preteens we'd pitch a tent on this hill and sleep out here. The stars were our night light and the crickets had a soothing chirp to make us sleep easy.

I sip my coffee nodding.

Me: We'll have a study date and actually concentrate this time.
Changkyun: We almost did successfully last time but someone got distracted by Disney plus.
Me: That was the best movie day we ever had.
Changkyun: Things are always fun when you're not suppose to be doing it.
Me: True.

I look over the hill to see the small river flowing. It's a beautiful sight from up here.

Changkyun: Where do you see us in the future?
Me: Hopefully enjoying our careers, living out a life of luxury with our partners and kids. Maybe even fluffy dogs! Although I know you'd prefer a cat.

I chuckle glancing at him, he looks at me a small smile on his face.

Changkyun: I picture us still coming here everyday with our ramen and coffee. Having deep talks and then our theories on mermaids, knowing that we'll always have the safe place.

He looks back at me.

Changkyun: And each other.
Me: It's not like you to express your feelings like this.
Changkyun: And that's the problem. Not expressing my feelings is the reason you don't understand.

My eyebrows furrow together.

Changkyun: We've seen the best and worse sides of each other. You know things about me I wouldn't even imagine saying to a therapist and vice versa.

He twirls his coffee around.

Changkyun: It's like you always know what I'm thinking before I say it, I love you.
Me: I love you too, duh! We've been there for each other through thick and thin. Remember when we were younger and our parents swore we were gonna' marry each other one day?

He nods.

Changkyun: Would that be so crazy?

My face warms up.

Changkyun: I can't imagine a future where we aren't together all the time like now. I don't want to imagine a future like that at all.

It's not lost on me that Changkyun is my ideal type. He's tall, handsome, smart, kind, funny, passionate and honest. He'll give someone the shirt off his back without a second thought. He's a beautiful soul, the perfect man.

But I never thought I deserved such a man. I never even thought I deserve his friendship. Over the years when we were younger it would be times I'd grow insecure when the "popular" girls would question why is he friends with someone like me.

No matter how hard I would push him away, we always found ourselves back on the hill.

Somewhere only we know...

Changkyun: You don't have to answer me now but eventually will you be my girlfriend?

I start to sniffle, damnit.

Changkyun: You've always been a crybaby.
Me: Hush!

He sits the coffee down carefully grabbing my face to brush away my tears. I've read and watched plenty of beautiful confessions like this but to have it happen to me? I'm shocked.

Me: I'll be your girlfriend.

A soft smile spreads across his face.

Changkyun: Can I kiss you?

I nod my head.

He presses his lips against mine softly. Once we pull away our eyes just stare into one another.

Me: I love you.
Changkyun: I love you too.

I lean my head against his shoulder as we just stare into the distant, now I'm excited for how different my future will be.

Our future will be...

____

sorry im so behind on writing requests😭, i've had writing commissions lately so i have to handle those first!!