Hyungwon

MEMBER: Chae HyungwonGENRE: Angst 💔/ Fluff ☁️

GENRE: Angst 💔/ Fluff ☁️

__

It's been two months since the break up and my heart aches as if it happened yesterday. We were together for two years and sadly all it took was one hour to end it all.

I'm not sure when it got it bad, I was blind to everything. Blind to the drinking, the staying out all night, the constant ignoring, everything.

The higher he climbed up the ladder at work the more his stress levels climbed. As a girlfriend it was my duty to make sure he was okay, to keep him at a level head.

But how do you do that when you're constantly being shoved away? The yelling and mood swings started to get all too much.

As I said, I was blind to it until I wasn't.

That brings us to now.

Me standing in the frozen aisle of Walmart at midnight in my panda bear pajamas, shame goes out the window when you're sad.

It's been two months and I'm still sad.

I scoff as I grab my favorite chocolate ice-cream. How cliché, the heartbroken girl in her pajamas buying snacks.

The cashier sends me a kind smile and I do my best to give it back.

Him: How are you today ma'am?
Me: I'm okay, how are you...

I squint at his name tag.

Me: Namjoon.

He smiles again showing off his deep dimples.

Namjoon: I'm okay, just pushing through.
Me: Good to hear.

He tells me my total and I swipe my card. I grab my bags and give the boy one last fake smile.

Namjoon: It's okay not to be okay.
Me: Huh?
Namjoon: I know when a smile is fake, I use to do it most of my life. You'll get better! Just keep your head up.

That actually makes me smile, a genuine one this time.

__

Do my eyes deceive me?

I look at the ground and there's a boy there. He's sitting in front of my apartment door with his head in his hands.

Me: Yo?

My soul almost leaves my body as Hyungwon raises his head. He looks just as bad as I do.
Neither of us say a word as i unlock the door and step in, he follows.

I begin to put away my "groceries". He doesn't say anything but I feel the judgementalness of my chocolate ice-cream and chocolate milk collab.

Hyungwon: I'm sorry.
Me: For?

He sighs.

Hyungwon: You tried to be a good girlfriend and all I did was push you away. I let my own selfishness get in the way. I ended up hurting the one person who cares the most about me.

I don't say anything, mainly because I don't know how to respond and because this milk is bomb.

Hyungwon: These two months have been hell. Jooheon's couch makes my back hurt not to mention his cats are rude.

I chuckle.

Hyungwon: I quit my job.
Me: What? Why?
Hyungwon: I realized that if something is making you that stressed and crazy it's not worth it. It made me lose you and myself.

He comes forward to hold my hands, his touch is soft but timid. I missed this.

Hyungwon: I'm so sorry, you deserve better and I will be better. I wish I was mature enough to say "it's okay if you're with someone else because I'll be happy as long as you are" but I'm not that mature. In fact I'd break his fucking jaw.

I laugh and so does he, I missed hearing his laughter. I missed seeing him happy.

Hyungwon: So would you do me the honor of going on a date with me tonight?
Me: No.

He frowns.

Me: I bought ice-cream, oven pizzas and other unhealthy things. We're staying in tonight.
Hyungwon: Baby, no offense but this place is..

He looks around.

Hyungwon: A damn mess.
Me: Well help me clean it!

He pulls me into a tight hug, my heart does a little flutter as if it's our first time meeting again.

Hyungwon: I'll never leave again, I love you.
Me: I love you too.

___

nothing to say here.

just be kind to others or hyungwon will punch you in the face.