TEN

MEMBER: TenGENRE: Angst 💔

MEMBER: Ten
GENRE: Angst 💔

__

I flinch as the banging against the palace door continues. Ten sits there calmly letting out a small sigh before smiling. He pats the seat on the bed next to him and I sit down resting my head against his shoulder.

Ten: Why didn't you leave when you had the chance?
Me: You only get one soulmate in this life, I'm not leaving you behind.

He hums.

Glass begins to shatter making me clutch on to his arm for dear life. All guards and other workers were commanded to leave this morning, including me but I refused.

I met Ten when I was sixteen. My mother and I were both maids to his family, it's safe to say we watched each other grow up. When his parents passed away he had to take over, no one took an eighteen year old king serious but he was more than fit for the job.

When I turned twenty-two he fired me as a maid and hired me as an "in house bestfriend", I told him that wasn't a thing.

I'm not sure when our loved blossomed, the words were never said but the actions were understood. When my mother died of a disease Ten blamed himself for not being able to find a cure. He took her death harder than me honestly.

He's no fool, he knew the people of this land were planning to kill him for weeks now. When I cried and asked why he didn't want to stop it he turned to me and replied in a calm voice "a sunrise has to have a sunset."

The smell of smokes makes us both look at the door.

Fire.

He lies back on the bed accepting his fate, death staring him in the eyes and all he can do is smile. I lay next to him and he wraps an arm around me.

His scent and the warmth coming off of his body calms me, making this situation more easier than it should be.

Ten: Will you love me in the next life too?
Me: Yes.

__

chilee, what is wrong with me?