17 ~ OFFERS

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

THE best feeling is knowing that someone is there for you if you need anything without asking for help. It was rare to find a kind of person who knows you enough that you don't need to pretend that you're fine.

Lumaki siya na dala sa isip na kung dumating man ang araw na siya ay palarin, palaging magiging bukas ang mga palad niya para tumulong sa nangangailangan. Hindi na kailangan magmakaawa pa sa kanya ang mga tao para lang sa tulong niya. Nalulugod niyang ibabahagi ang anomang kaya niya at hindi maghahangad ng kapalit.

After wining Miss Intrams last school year, Charlotta's life changed like a whirlwind.

Ang mga dating nang-aaway at nangbubully sa kanya ay hinahangaan na siya. Kung may mga estudyante man na hindi siya gusto, iilan nalang. At nakakalungkot isipin na mga babae pa 'yon.

Like other teenagers, she got a lot of suitors too. It doubled actually. Those boys who have no idea that she's already taken by Grego Almendarez. He graduated the same year she won Miss Intrams. She couldn't forget that moment.

"Congratulations!" Charlotta greeted Grego and gave him her gift.

They have an intimate celebration at the backyard of Almendare'z modern mansion.

"Thank you."

Grego held her waist and his other hand is holding the paper bag. Pinag-ipunan niya ang regalo niya. Ang pag gawa ng photo album nila ay pinagsikapan niya para gumanda.

He's dashing with his white long sleeved polo that fold until his elbows. Black slacks, brown leather shoes and belt. With his beautiful soulful eyes staring back at her, Charlotta couldn't help herself but to admire the man in front of her.

He's not a boy anymore. He didn't look like a boy for her even before. She always found him virile. He's very different from the boys in school like what she always told herself.

He graduated with high Latin Honor. And will lead their sugarcane business as soon as his father decided to give him the chair.

Grego Almendarez is really a full package. Indeed a good catch. And she's lucky because she have him.

She's a very proud girlfriend! He's her inspiration to study harder. She wants to be successful, too. She wants him to be proud of her like how she's so proud of him.

"Buksan mo na..." udyok niya.

Grego brought her to one of the chair. Sa lamesa ay nakahanda na ang mga masasarap na pagkain. Nauna lang sila ng dating dahil naiwan sa escuelahan ang magulang nito para sa pakikipag-usap sa mga guro, guest speakers at ibang politician na dumalo.

Naupo siya roon at hinila naman ng kasintahan ang isang upuan upang magkaharap sila. He's jailing her legs with his. Nasa kandungan niya naman ang mga kamay niya.

Charlotta is wearing the moss green satin short dress that Fauna Almendarez gave her as a gift on her seventeenth birthday last January.

She paired her dress with ankle strap sandals from Yusef as a birthday gift too. Chantria gave her an expensive sling bag that she use whenever she needs to wear smart-casual or formal attire.

Grego's hand then found her malachite bracelet. He caressed it using his thumb.

"Suot ko rin ang kwintas at hikaw..." sabay pakita niya rito na para bang hindi nito nakikita 'yon.

He glanced at the necklace and earrings he gave her. Ibinigay nito 'yon noong birthday niya. It is a set of clover leaf malachite earrings, necklace and bracelet. Ingat na ingat siya sa mga 'yon dahil halatang mamahalin.