26 ~ TRIGGER

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

AN image of her walking at the aisle, wearing a white bridal gown, and watching Grego Almendarez waiting for her at the altar, made her heart pounded more.

Alam niya naman na gusto talaga ng kasintahan na mauuwi sila sa kasal balang araw, pero ang marinig mula rito na talagang desidido ito na mangyari 'yon ay talagang dumagdag sa paglakas ng pintig ng puso niya.

Hinaplos niya ang panga ni Grego. Though, he shaved, she can still feel the roughness from it against her palm. Madamdamin niya itong pinagmasdan. The gentleness and devotion on his eyes while staring back at her is what made her realize how much he loves her.

He was her first crush. He was her first love. He was almost her first in everything. He was there when she thought that she couldn't reach her dream to be a beauty queen. He was there when she lost her hopes. He was with her when she was on her vulnerable state, when she cries and when she's sad. He was always beside her that the idea of living her life without him was like not living at all.

Kaya hindi na nakapagtataka na kapag iniisip niyang magpapakasal sila at magiging mag-asawa balang araw, ang labis na ligaya at tuwa ay para bang mga bulaklak na namumukadkad sa puso niya.

"I'm gonna marry you," she wholeheartedly said.

The sparks of happiness and at the same time shock on his eyes made her smile. Funny how he's still surprised to know that she's going to marry him one day, when in fact, he should've known it since the start they talked about their future together.

They are still young and for sure there are a lot of opportunities that would knock on their doors, especially on hers. She's just hoping that he will remain patience and understanding until she's ready to marry him.

Charlotta felt like her purpose in life has not done yet. She wanted not only in regional beauty pageants, but also in national. And if she was lucky, she would love to represent the Philippines internationally.

Paano kung hindi mangyari ang mga pangarap niyang 'yon? Hanggang kailan siya susubok? At kailan susuko at matatanggap na hindi pala para sa kanya ang mga 'yon?

"Oh, I should've brought a ring," he chuckled and rubs his brow with a little disappointment for himself.

Natawa siya sa reaksyon ni Grego. He is serious most of the time but when he smile or laugh, that's the moment she would always cherish. To know that she made him happy made her feel proud to herself.

It's gonna be a blast when Grego Almendarez asked for her hand that night! Mabuti na lang at wala itong dalang singsing dahil hindi niya yata kakayanin ang gagawi nito kung sakali!

"Girls, get ready!" the organizer informed them.

Kumalas si Grego sa kanya.

"Please do know that even without the crown, you are a queen who deserve all the love and happiness in this world."

Charlotta's eyes watered because of Grego's sincere words for her.

He crouched and planted a gentle kiss on her lips despite of the people around them.

"Break a leg, baby," he said that gave her more confidence.

Naging abala lahat nang kandidata sa back stage nang mag umpisa na ang patimpalak. Kahit nasa loob ay rinig na rinig niya nag hiyawan ng mga taong nagpunta para masaksihan kung sino ang susunod na papatungan ng korona.

It started with introduction. Every girls are wearing an evening dress from Yusef's boutique.

Charlotta is wearing a tube dress in indigo color. Her hair is in half ponytail that made her different from other candidates who are mostly in neat and high ponytails or curls. Her dress was also Yusef's personal choice for her.