21 ~ INTIMACY

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

TO match with Grego's smart casual outfit, Charlotta chose an olive ruffle dress that he gave as a monthsary gift. She let her hair down and put some cologne before she left the bedroom.

Grego was waiting for her at the living area where he designed his birthday surprise for her. Totoong napaka swerte niya na ito ang naging boyfriend niya. His effortand so much time that he always exerts just to make everything easy for her made her admired him more and more.

He pulled a chair for her before he went back to his. The lights remained dimmed. Even the way he prepared the table looked romantic. There's a bottle of wine and delicious beef steak.

Nagsalin ito ng wine sa dalawang kopita na naroon at ibinigay sa kanya ang isa. Now that she's already eighteen, she's also allowed to drink wine or something with alcohol.

He lifted his glass for a cheers. Itinabi niya naman ang kopita niya at gumawa 'yon ng marahang tunog bilang selebrasyon sa mahalagang araw ng buhay niya bilang isang ganap na dalaga.

"Happy 18th birthday, Terra Charlotta!" she greeted herself merrily.

A warm smile formed her boyfriend's lips.

"Happy birthday to the most pure-hearted and beautiful girl in this world," he then smirked playfully and sipped on his glass wine without breaking their eye-contact.

Parang isinasayaw siya sa ulap ng bawat pintig ng kanyang puso. Ang saya na nararamdaman sa mga sandaling 'yon ay tiyak na sumasalamin sa mga mata niya.

Having Grego Almendarez beside her is a blessing from heaven. He made her life away from Sitio Verde easier than she expected it to be. Because of him, she learned to live normally like other girls her age does.

He was like an eye opener to her. He made her realized that there are more things in this world that she's still has to discover. And she's willing to explore and wander every bit of it with him.

"Thank you for making everything easy for me. Sa sobrang dami mong ginawang kabutihan sa akin para lang maging normal at magaan ang buhay ko, hindi ko na alam kung paano ko pa ibabalik ang lahat ng 'yon sayo."

Grego held her hand and kissed it. They are staring at each other. She could almost hear the loud beating of her heart.

"As long as it makes you happy, I am always willing to do it for you."

Kumurap siya upang pigilan ang pamumuo ng luha sa gilid ng mga mata. Tumayo siya ng bahagya para maabot ang labi nito sa isang madamdamin na halik.

They ate their dinner casually. Kung saan-saan na rin napunta ang usapan nila. He's still working under his father's wings, but his parents were already planning to give him the whole responsibility of their sugarcane business.

"I told my father that I need more time. That is a big responsibility, I don't want to make any mistake just because I wasn't ready."

"Gusto na ba ni Tito Filbert mag retire?"

"Not really. Sa palagay ko ay sinusubukan niya lang ako kung papayag ba ako sa gusto niya o hihingi pa ako ng kaunting panahon."

"Kung hindi ka pa talaga handa at sa tingin mo ay kailangan mo pang pag aralan ang ilan pang bagay sa azucarera ninyo, siguro naman ay maiintindihan ni Tito ang desisyon mo."

Grego sipped on his wine again.

Noong unang tikim niya sa wine kanina ay agad niyang nagustuhan. Naunahan niya pa ang boyfriend niya na maka-ubos. When she asked for more, he just shook his head.