Chapter 21....

*Mature Content Ahead*

"Please tell me this jet lag is kicking your ass too." Josie groaned over the phone later that night.

"I'm exhausted." Partly because of the jet lag, as well as....Trevor. But Josie didn't need to know that. Not yet.

I wanted to tell Josie but I held back. This thing between Trevor and I was too new to tell anyone. A part of me wanted to keep Trevor and I a secret for as long as we could before anyone else interfered.

It wasn't like I didn't trust Josie. I trusted her with my life. But I also knew she would march right up to Trevor and demand what his intentions are. She'd give him the what for; making sure he treated me right. I fully planned on letting Josie loose on Trevor, but not right now.

For now I wanted it to be just us two. So if that meant keeping it from Josie I would. Even though she'll be pissed at me when she finds out. I needed to know if things between Trevor and I could really become something.

"Maybe next time we stay in the same time zone." I grinned at her words. It was her idea to go to Whitsunday Island in the first place.

While Josie chatted away over the phone I got started on my laundry as I waited for my takeout to come. I was too tired to even think about cooking right now.

As soon as a knock sounded on my door a weird noise came through the phone. It took only a second for me to realize what was going on. My nose immediately scrunching up. What was happening on the other side of the phone was NOT family friendly.

Opening my door I was greeted by Trevor. Once again holding two to-go bag.

"Thank god." I said by way of greeting, motioning for him to come in. Trevor looked at me with raised eyebrows as he closed my door behind him.

The noises over the phone were getting louder making me want to gag.

"Okay well I'll talk to you later Jo. Have fun." Not even waiting for her response I quickly hung up, shivering. "Disgusting." I muttered.

"What was that about?"

"I think Josie and Wyatt were getting it on while on the phone." Trevor just laughed. "Next time you be on the phone when they do that." I huffed. Wanting to get the conversation off whatever Josie and Wyatt were doing I looked at the bags in Trevor's hands.

"Twice in one day. Are you secretly an Uber Eats driver?"

"It's my side gig." He grinned. "I actually ran into the delivery guy when I came up the stairs.

When Trevor left my office this afternoon neither of us had said anything about seeing one another tonight, but I was glad he showed up.

"And you brought food too." I noted two different names on the bags. One from the Chinese place down the street and one from Chick Fil A.

"Didn't know you already bought food." Trevor shifted his weight on his feet, seemingly embarrassed.

"Well I for one am starving." I grinned. "There better be some fries in there."

"Obviously." Trevor grinned back.

Grabbing a bag from him I lead him towards my kitchen. My place wasn't as big or nice as Trevor's. It was just a two bedroom place with a more open floor plan. My kitchen opened up to a little dining area and the living room. The two bedrooms were off to the left of the kitchen.

I wouldn't say my apartment was a mess but I did have stuff scattered around. I did like to keep things clean and organized but as soon as I had my own place I made it mine. I put the decorations I wanted, even if it didn't match.