Awakening

~Chapter One - Awakening~

Podarge's POV:

When I woke up, it felt as if everything was okay. I was just coming into existence. No more bad. No more good. I was floating in neutrality. For a moment, I felt nothing, a sense of peace. A second of calm. I was in nothing. Nothing was everything. 

Everything felt like it had been a dream. A terrifying dream. Until the memories came flooding back. I remember running.

    "Po!" I heard in the distance as I struggled to catch my breath. "You said you'd play with us! We were all going to play!" That voice. That stupid voice. The downfall of us all. It almost had an echo to it. I kept running. My thighs burned and ached, calves cramping, but I refused to stop. I had a sharp pain in my back. My wings unable to carry me into the skies. I felt my knees buckle under me, the pain in my hands and forearms as I hit the ground. 

I remember laughing, mockery.

   "You really thought you'd get away that easily?" "You're mother left you." "You're a freak" "You're no funnnnn." 

Insecurity, doubt. 

    "You can't handle it." "Shame on the father." 

I remember the days before now. The war. We had to go into hiding. Because of my decisions. 

     "How did they find us?" Mother asked. It had been weeks since the last Trapper sighting. I heard screams, crashing, the roars of those around us. "Podarge, take your brother." Mother handed me the egg containing my half-sibling. She was so convinced it was a boy, but I never questioned her. "He is our only chance of survival. Take him, far from here." Mother's instructions scared me, but I nodded before taking off. The last thing I heard was the roar of my sibling's father, calling for his son. 

Now, with the memory of my mission. I shot up off the small pile of wool and leaves. My neck was killing me, I must've dozed off for a long time. I stretched my limbs for only a second, my wing hitting the wall with a big force, causing me to wince, before I rushed to the room containing my sibling. 

It's...GONE! Well the egg was still there, but it was broken. It...hatched?

I started to panic. I rushed down the tower and to the room of guards. I looked up to see most of my guards were never activated, all but one. It seemed to be missing. I paced around the room, where could it be? I had to get my thoughts together. 

Okay, How long does it take for eggs to hatch? Titan eggs. It takes thousands of years. Which means, I've been asleep for way too long. I walked towards the entrance of the castle before tripping over a rock. I fell to the ground in pain, holding my foot. That wasn't there before. I looked around me and saw hundreds of tiny figures. Rocks were stacked on top of each other. 

So my sibling was a boy. Male Titans tend to be more demanding and eurn for subjects. Females tend to seek out their parents, or a family. I had to find my brother. I ran out of the castle and started flying in the direction of where I escaped. Where I last saw my mother. 

~End~