The Escape

~Chapter Nineteen - The Escape~

We made our way to the center of the tribe. A crowd had formed as they dressed up King and put a symbol on his head. They started chanting and dancing as Tarak started. 

"Now, we can release the Grand Huntsmen from his prison and be granted power and glory!" The crowd started cheering. Okay things just got worse. First they're going to kill King, then they're going to release the Collector. Oh no. 

"In the ashes of your old life, your destiny awaits. Carry this torch to the tablet and set it aflame." Tarak handed a torch to King, who did as he was told. "Did you hear that?" He asked. "The connection has been made. And now we can summon him." The elder grew frustrated at Tarak. 

"You're taking too long." He said, throwing a cloth on King's head, making him unable to see. "Don't worry, child. We're almost done." The elder said, raising his dagger above King's head. No. I pushed myself through the crowd, trying to reach King. The elder stayed frozen, his arms high above King's head. 

"I- I can't move." He was thrown into the crowd. Then there was a flash of light and King was gone. Luz. She saved him. Oh thank Titan. I managed to run from the crowd of Trappers. They found King and Luz before I did. I heard Tarak yell after them. 

As Luz and King ran the Trappers kept shooting fire and traps at them. I flew up and rushed to defend King and Luz. I used a protection spell to put a barrier around Luz and King, but felt weaker as more arrows and fire hit the shield. I landed in front of the three and continued to shoot spell after spell at the Trappers. They kept getting closer. 

My shield fell down and I eventually fell to my knees, exhausted. King jumped over and and started hitting Tarak. Luz came to help me. "Who are you?" She asked. "Stop fighting! I'm one of you guys." King yelled. Tarak threw King off of his head, ripping off his skull helmet while doing so. 

King's eyes widened when he saw they were witches in disguises. "You were never one of us." That's cold Tarak. "My brothers and sister, a new hunt begins today!" Tarak announced as they took off their skull helmets. 

The elder emerged from the crowd. "With this gift, the Grand Huntsmen will return, and I shall ride cloaked in glory above all others!" He exclaimed. "You mean we right? You promised the Huntsman would grant all of us glory." Tarak said. The elder paused, clearly caught. 

"Titans aren't even evil. Your Grand Huntsman is just butt hurt from King's father trapping him between realms." I said. "How much have you been making up?" Luz asked. "Uh, don't let them fool you! I'm totally not lying. Hand me my spear." He said. 

Everyone looked at him a bit skeptical. Eventually he took his spear about to attack King and I. The door demon shoved him up into the sky before we started running away, the Trapper following us. Luz carried King and pulled my arm along with them. "Time to go home!" She yelled, opening the portal back to the Boiling Isles. We got sucked up to the other side of the world. 

The door demon caught Luz and King before they hit the ground. I caught myself with my wings. "We can't let them get through. We have to destroy this thing." Luz said. "I- I can do it." I said, still exhausted from fighting back the Trappers. 

"No." King said. "Now, step back." He said before taking a hug breath and roaring towards the portal. The Titan's finger cracked and started to come down. The door demon wrapped itself around Luz, King and me to protect us from any falling debris. 

Once we stopped hearing the commotion, we broke apart. King turned to me. "Why did you help us?" He asked. I sighed. "Because, I really am your sibling. We had the same mother. I built our castle to protect us and keep us hidden from the Collector, their Grand Huntsman. I'm so sorry I couldn't come to you sooner. I fell into hibernation shortly after I built the castle. I woke up a little over a month ago. But there wasn't a day that I didn't look for you." I said, taking off my helmet. 

"Podarge!" Luz exclaimed. "You know them?" King asked. "We have a lot to catch up on." I said to Luz. King hugged my leg. "Can we just go home now?" He asked, eyes watering. "Of course we can, buddy." Luz said. We made our way to the ship. 

I have a lot of questions to answer. 

~End~