Forgiveness

~Chapter Thirteen - Forgiveness~

"Okay, listen. I'm sorry about this whole cell thing, but did you really have to punch Steve, Scara?" Hunter asked, placing their staffs against the wall. After the game, the scouts had taken the four to the Police Precinct in Bonesborough. They came rather forcefully. 

"I get it. Emotions are running high. Ice pack for Steve." Steve the scout put a thumbs up even though there was an evident dent in his mask. "Well, I don't get it. You're joining the best coven there is. You can keep all your magic, you get free room and board, you can even play Flyer Derby on your day off! Well this year's day had already passed, but next year's is only 52 weeks away." Hunter said. 

"Hunter. Maybe we should just let them go. You have the authority. They don't want this. Heck I didn't want this, but it was the only deal Belos gave me. Don't do this." I tried negotiating. "You know why we are doing this, besides why wouldn't they want to be in the Emperor's Coven?" Hunter asked. 

"We don't care! None of us want this. Just listen to your partner." Scara argued. Hunter's eyes widened. "Podarge is not my partner. They're my apprentice. Besides, you'll realize sooner or later that this is the best option. Trust me. I'm your friend now." He leaned down to their level. 

"Friends don't stab each other in the back." Augustus said. "Sure they do! The Coven Heads do it all the time back at the castle. Captain, you're on my side, right?" Hunter asked. Willow was facing the wall, her eyes grew teary.  

"I thought I could be good at this, but we're here because I made a bad call. I'm just half-a-witch Willow." She mumbled as she tugged on her hair. 

Suddenly, Abomination goo came a swooped up the four in their cell. Hunter and I looked at each other before rushing outside. Darius was on an airship, the scouts carried away the palismen. 

"Darius! We did it! We found recruits." Hunter said, waving to Darius. He leaned over the edge of the airship. "Yep, and you're making me work on my day off. Take this and quit bugging me." He said, finally giving Hunter back his cloak. 

"I can wear this proudly now. Right?" He asked, looking up  at Darius. "Can you?" Darius asked. Hunter gave a frown. "See you at the castle, Golden Guard." He said before taking off. 

"You're proud of me. Right, Po?" Hunter asked. I sighed. "Hunter, if it were up to me I'd save those kids. Today was the most fun you've had outside of the castle. You made new friends. But it's up to you." I said. His shoulders slouched. 

Steve came out of the police precinct. "I do not envy those kids, man." Steve said. "They just have to go through basic training before becoming scouts. It's not too bad." Hunter said. "Dude, do you even remember what we had to do? The duels. The mazes with the traps. That time we were left alone on a mountain." Steve asked. 

Hunter chuckled. "Classic." 

"And of course. Belos likes to collect everyone's Palisman." Steve said. Hunter's eyes widened and zoned out, like he knew what happens to the Palismen. Steve grunted, "Steve is beginning to regret his choices." Steve said before walking away. 

"I think Hunter is too." Hunter mumbled, but I heard it. He sighed. "Okay. We'll go after them, just follow my lead." Hunter said putting on his cloak. I nodded before we flew away. 

-----

We flew after the airship. Hunter kept teleporting in order to catch up to it faster, which was frustrating. I can fly but not that fast. I watched as Hunter teleported onto the ship. Next thing I saw were the four jumping off the side and falling. I tried to catch them but they disappeared. An illusion. 

Suddenly the ship started descending. The ship crashed into the sea. I flew faster to catch up to it. I saw the four kids run off the ship, but a giant Abomination stopped them. "Did you really think you could get away with endangering a Coven Head? Do you have any idea what I'm capable of?" Darius emerged from the fire, transforming his arm into an axe made from Abomination goo and trick to strike the four kids. 

Willow tried to use vines to attack him, but Darius just slashed through them. She covered them with vines, but again Darius sliced his way through. I managed to get to them in time to put my back to him, opening my wings to cover in a protective manner. 

"Wait!" I heard Hunter from behind me. "Out of my way, little prince." Darius said. "No! I was mistaken. These four are insolent agitators who aren't fit for the Emperor's Coven. And I'm unfit to wear the sigil of the Golden Guard." Hunter said, taking off his cloak. 

At this point I dropped my wings and turned slightly towards Hunter. "You can go now." I said to Willow and her friends. Willow held her staff up, her eyes growing teary. "Please, Captain." Hunter said before Willow finally backed down. 

"Let's move, team. We need to find a replacement. After all, it'll be 52 weeks before Caleb's next day off." Willow said. Hunter's eyes widened, his cheeks turned a little pink. Once the four started walking away I turned completely towards Hunter and Darius. 

"You befriended them? And then you disobeyed me to protect them?" Darius raised his axe. Hunter flinched before Darius rested his palm on Hunter's head. "I'm impressed. I had you all wrong." Darius chuckled. "What?" Hunter and I said in unison. 

"You two are-what? 16? 17? It's about time you made connections outside the castle." Darius gave Hunter a scroll. Hunter opened it up to see a sign up for penstagram. "I was just going to drop them off at Hexside. We have more than enough recruits in my opinion." Darius said. 

"Are you gonna tell Belos about this?" Hunter asked. "Are you going to tell him about your secret palisman?" Darius asked. Hunter gasped and put a protective hand over FlapJack. "Magic or not, I think you'll make your predecessors proud." Darius said. "And you, I've heard a lot about you." Darius turned to me. 

"You are powerful and quite unique. Don't let anything limit you. I heard about your brother, truth is. Belos knows who he is, but he needs you for the Day of Unity. I'd watch what he says to you. Belos is the emperor, but everyone had a dark side. If you want to know more, you can talk to Raine Whispers." Darius said. 

"The Bard?" I asked. Darius nodded. "But then again, you shouldn't trust even me." He said before walking off. That was unsettling. 

"So what is your username going to be?" 

~End~