A New Realm

~Chapter Twenty-Six - A New Realm~

    "Ahaha! You can't catch me! Hehehe." A taunting voice called as I soared through the sky. "I'll get you, TC. Remember what happened last time? You said the same words." I yelled out as I followed my friend, weaving through the clouds. "Hmmm, well last time, you were a sore loser. I totally kicked your butt." He paused, which allowed me to gain an advantage. "On second thought, last time we played I was chasing you--" 

    "Gotcha! You're it! hahahahah!" I said as I tagged my friend. "Hey that's not fair! You were distracting me!" I flew off and towards the earth. "Who's a sore loser now?"

    "What? Who said that?" The last words became distorted. It started as my voice but changed to one that was less familiar. The sky around me turned red, the earth was on fire. I heard screams all around me. "Hello?!" I shouted. "You though you put me away for good." I heard the voice again. It was so close to me. "But you hurt me. You hurt my feelings. You left me and King behind and now. . .

    Everything went black and the screams stopped. King appeared in front of me. He was sickly thin, his eyes were faded out. ". . .We HATE you." The Collector appeared in front of me. He was laughing uncontrollably. "we hate you. we hate you. we hate you." He kept saying over and over. "No! King!" I yelled out, the closer I got to him the farther away he seemed. King coughed, "Podarge, why did you leave? You did this." King's eyes shut and from his body vines spread. He was dying. "No!" I yelled.

"we hate you."

"we hate you."

"we hate you."

"No! Please! Go away!" 

"we hate you."

"HELP!"

"we hate you."

"Podarge!"

~~~

"Podarge!"

I got up with a scream. I felt as if my body was on fire, but it was drenched in sweat at the same time. I was shaking and I felt as if I was going to throw up. "Po?" I heard a whisper from beside me. It was Hunter. "Are you okay?" He asked. I just then noticed his hand on my shoulder. It was comforting. I hesitantly nodded. "Are you sure?" He asked. I took a minute before I started shaking more rapidly. 

"H-Hunter. I don't know." I said trying to hold back tears from falling down my face. "Oh. That's okay. Do you need anything? Water? Food?" He asked. He was really worried. "Um. . .what does Luz call that parallel arm thing?" I asked. Hunter laughed, causing me to smile. He pulled me into his arms and started playing with my hair. I think he has noticed it calms me down the fastest. This wasn't the first nightmare I've had since we got trapped in the Human Realm. 

My hair had grown out a lot since then, it was nearly past my shoulders. I kind of liked it. Hunter's had grown out too. I often found myself playing with it. I relaxed into Hunter's embrace, resting my head on his shoulder. "Do you need to talk about it?" He asked. I shook my head. "Okay." He responded softly. I don't think I would have made it these past weeks without him. I probably would've lost my sanity. We remained in silence, holding one another. 

After a while I noticed we were in Luz's basement. We shared a mattress on the floor. It wasn't the most comfortable thing, but what else would be have used? A few moments went by before I slowly started falling back asleep. 

~~~

"Hehe." 

"Shh."

"No, shh."

I slowly opened my eyes to see Gus and Willow standing over me and holding Luz's phone. I was confused at first until I saw the flash. I noticed the decent amount of weight on my side and saw I was holding Hunter. AND HE WAS ASLEEP. They were taking photos of us!

"Gus! Willow!" I shouted causing Hunter to jump awake. The two teens gasped before rushing up the stairs giggling. "Ugh!" I said, sitting up and holding my face in embarrassment. "What? What happened?" Hunter asked. I blushed uncontrollably. "Um. . .nothing." I said rushing off the mattress and up the stairs to get ready. Why did that have to happen?

Later that day I was walking around the house trying to find something to do. Gus was working on a concealment stone for me to hide my wings, so in the meantime I had to stay in the house. We didn't want to risk it. I heard a scream and crash from the bathroom. I ran upstairs and opened the door to see Hunter bent over the sink trying to cut his hair. 

He paused when the door opened. "Uh. . ." I laughed. "Do you need help?" I asked. He sighed before nodding. He sat on the toilet seat before handing me the scissors. I found a comb in the cabinet and brushed through the mess of blonde hair on his head. 

I started cutting around his ears and trimming up the back. "So, why the sudden change?" I asked. I felt him tense up. "Everytime I looked in the mirror, I saw him. . .I saw Belos." I paused on cutting his hair. He looked up at me. I sighed. "I really liked the long hair on you, but oh well. You still look good." I said before grabbing a good amount of my hair. "Po!" Hunter exclaimed, covering his mouth. It didn't change anything though. Before we knew it we both had short hair styles again. 

"We look amazing." I said, placing the scissors down. "Yeah, you do." He replied. I looked at him. "Uh. . .I mean- we do. Shoot." He stuttered, blushing a little bit. "You're so cute." I said kissing his cheek. He went frozen, just staring at me. Uh oh.

"Okay. . .um see ya." I said leaving the bathroom. Why did I do that? 

~End~