Hexside

~Chapter Eleven - Hexside~

Hunter and I managed to sneak into the school fairly easily. We found some old school uniforms in a bin in the school's auditorium. There was once that was yellow and one that was orange. He fit into the yellow one pretty neatly. The orange one was a bit big on me, but I figured it would work better for me than for Hunter. Yellow was his color anyway. 

We snuck our way outside to where the students were holding a club fair. It was interesting actually. Who knew there were so many opportunities for students to do things they actually liked? 

"Look at all these potential recruits." Hunter said. FlapJack was on Hunter's shoulder. He let out a chirp to which Hunter replied. "Sure I've never actually spoken to witches my age. Teens are probably into the same things as me. Like authority and rules." Hunter was about to walk off. I grabbed his sleeve. 

"Hey! Wait. How do we go about this? There are so many people here. We can't possibly speak to all of them if we stick together." I said. He furrowed his eyebrows before sighing. "You're right. I'll go right and talk to anyone I see. You go left. We meet back at the entrance in an hour to collect our thoughts." He said. I nodded before heading left. 

I came across many clubs. There was one on basket weaving, human appreciation, ancient history, hexus holdem, and so many more. I walked up to the kids at the ancient history stand. "Hi." I said, waving to the kids at the stand. "Oh hi! Are you interested in knowing more about ancient history dated all the way back to when Titans walked the boiling seas? Or when the first witches studied wild magic? Or even when Emperor Belos started the coven system?" The girl there started rambling. She had a yellow uniform on and pink hair.

"Actually, I know a great deal of history. I love history in fact. Did you know that Stonesleepers from the Hecktaceous Period had a tickle spot behind their ears? The oldest one to live was over 1600 years old because of hibernation. A lot of Hecktaceous animals could hibernate for thousand of years, even Titans." I said. The girl's nose scrunched up. 

"This club is about ancient history, not your boring animal facts. Beast keeping is such a waste of talent. When I'm in the Emperor's Coven I won't need to know those things." She said, her friend next to her laughed. "Actually, they deal with quite a lot of beast keeping. The Slitherbeast, Selkidomus, my friend there has actually slain one." I said. 

She scoffed. "I doubt that. I believe someone's slain one, but that you have friends. I mean, you're kind of a freak with those wings, hun." I was about to resort to violence until I heard a griffin screech in the distance. 

I turned to find Hunter flying in the air being chased by a griffin. The griffin took his boot, revealing his bright red socks. Hunter flew down and the griffin bolted towards him. I gasped as Hunter took the boot from griffin and pulled up just before he hit the ground. 

The griffin was then pulled out of the sky by vines, Hunter too. I flew over to where he fell and saw him pulled into the ground by vines. A girl held a pamphlet in his face. She released the vines on him and started aggressively shaking his hand. As I got closer to them I heard what she was saying. 

"You're flying was amazing! You're a new student right?" She asked. The kid next to her started speaking. "Yeah, weird we've never seen you around. What's your name?" He asked. 

"Uh. Caleb." Hunter said. I saw him struggling with a fake name and decided to make my presence known. "Bloodwilliams!" I said. "There you are. I lost you back there. Are you okay?" I asked. 

"Oh! Hey, Po. This girl was asking me about her flyer thingy club." He said jestering to the girl. She was wearing green and the boy beside her was wearing a light blue. Plants and Illusions. 

"Hi! I'm Willow Park. I saw your friend's flying and he would be a great addition to my Flyer Derby team! Ooo! Can you fly too?" She asked. Willow had a very bubbly personality. "Hello. I'm Podarge, but my friends call me Po. And technically, yes, I can fly, but not under Flyer Derby rules. I don't have a staff." I stated. 

"That's okay! You can help us get people to play." Willow said. "Actually, they don't have the time, and neither do I. We have our own mission." Hunter said, dragging me away from the girl. "Okay, at least take a pamphlet?" She said, giving a sympathetic look. Hunter grabbed the pamphlet and started walked away with me by his side. 

I spotted the words on the back of it. "Wait!" I turned back around to Willow. "Do you really think your club will really attracted the best and the brightest?" I asked. Hunter caught onto what I was asking. "Absolutely, Flyer Derby is not for the faint witch." Willow said confidently. 

"Then maybe I will give it a try." Hunter said as we made our way back to her. "Really?" She asked. "Okay, but how do we evaluate other? A witch's duel? A maze full of traps? Oh! Leave everyone at the top of a mountain and see who makes it back to the bottom alive. Haha. Classic." He placed his hands on his hips and smiled, proud of himself. 

"Caleb, a bit too much for teenager." I mumbled loud enough for only him to hear. "Um, we might not have time for all that, but you can help by attracting people with your sick sky skills." Willow said before wandering off. "Hmm. I don't feel sick." Hunter mumbled. 

"Hey. I don't know what kind of a mission you're on, but it's been a tough year for Willow and she's really looking forward to making this team a thing." The kid that was once beside Willow said. "I'm sorry. I don't know your name." I said awkwardly. "Augustus Porter. Just don't mess it up for her. Okay?" He said before walking off. 

"So, I'm guessing this isn't how we expected things to go huh?" I asked. Hunter chuckled. "No. But if everyone on that team is like Willow, we'll have a shot at good recruits." He said, walking in the direction Willow went in. "Okay, Caleb."

~End~