King Clawthorne

~Chapter 18 - King Clawthorne~

I flew quickly to the castle. I managed to sneak into my room through the window without being noticed. I rummaged through my closet before I found the gloves I was looking for. I was surprised I even kept them. Growing up, my mom made wanted me to fit in with the other kids so she made a pair of gloves that looked like the Titan claws. As I got older she kept giving me bigger and bigger helmets to wear. They were made to look like Titan skulls, so I wouldn't look different. The only obvious thing was my height. 

I grabbed the gloves and the skull before rushing back out the window towards the island. I never thought I would be going back there. The last time I was on that island, I was running from the Collector. Before the war. 

As I got closer to the island, I saw a ship a few meters from shore. There was no crew, only a captain left on board. I saw two figures reaching the top of the staircase on the finger of a fallen Titan. King and Luz. I got close enough to get trapped in the yellow beam that appeared. I was sucked up into the sky. I felt the shift in gravity as I started falling. I managed to catch myself with my wings before I hit the ground. 

I flew away from King and Luz and hid behind one of the buildings. A Trapper went up to King and Luz. I stood close enough to make sure he wouldn't attack King. I still had hopes that these people were dense enough to believe he was one of them. I saw the sad look on King's face, which quickly turned to happiness. 

I sighed in relief as the Trapper welcomed him to the island. I guess they are dense enough. Thankfully, all the Trappers from my time should be dead by now. As they got closer I could hear King happily exclaiming, "I've never seen so many demons that look like me! Look at them go!" 

I watched as warriors trained for battle. I wanted to go up to him, but I felt the trappers wouldn't recognize me as one of their own. Well if they were this dense, then maybe I had a shot. "We are Titan Trappers! Under oath to protect the world from giant monsters of death and destruction. But, uh, not many of us have seen a live one, of course." The Trapper laughed. "Come!" 

"Aren't Titan's extinct?" Luz asked as they entered a huge building. I quietly entered behind them. The room was full of Trappers. I managed to blend in easily. "Not all of them. The Grand Huntsman says one remains, and a Half Titan, so we sharpen our spears  until the vile creatures rears their heads, and a new hunt can begin! And now, dear King, you can join us and become a Titan Trapper yourself." 

The crowd started cheering. Alright I really had to get him out of here. I tried thinking of a plan. Luz embraced King before announcing they could help with the Belos issue, but I wouldn't trust these guys over Belos, even if my father was one of them. 

King pleaded that they would help. Eventually King was lead away from Luz and Luz was taken to meet the elder. I followed the Trappers and kept a close eye on King throughout the day. 

King Smashed a piñata that was shaped like a Titan and people cheered as candy fell. They had him stand on a log and balance himself on one foot. They cheered as he was able to stand. They had in blow into a horn and he hit a griffin flying by with his roar. They gave him clothes and cheered for him. He looked so happy, but if anyone found out what he was I knew things would go south. 

I found out the Trapper's name was Tarak and decided to try to get his attention while he was with King. "Tarak! Is this the famous King I've heard about?" I asked, not trying to sound too suspicious. "Why yes! Uh. Who are you?" Taral asked. 

I sighed."Years ago, I lost my father to a great battle. My mother, she gave me hope of a brother. Then she disappeared. I have reason to believe that King is my brother." I said. King's eyes widened. "I have a sibling?" He asked. I kneeled down to his level. 

"Well yes. Look at us, we have the same eyes! And skull, we got it from our mother. I'm Podarge." I said. King looked so happy, he jumped up and hugged me. He let out a happy squeal and his tail was wagging. 

"Would you like to stay with us, Podarge? I was going to show King my collection." Tarak said. I smiled. "Yes, please. I want them to stay!" King said. "I'll stay, King." I said. 

"Wonderful!" Tarak said. We went into Tarak's home and looked at all the weapons he had. "Woa! There's all sorts of things I shouldn't touch." King exclaimed. "Aye, for now. But when you grow older, I will be delighted to show you how to dismember your enemies." Tarak said. I was a little worried. 

"You would do that? Can you also tell me what this means?" King asked. I looked at the sign on his collar. It was a symbol I had carved on our castle all those years ago. It meant protection. It was a way to hide us from the Collector. "I'm not sure what that is. But maybe we can find out together. Unless Podarge knows." Tarak said. 

"I recognize it, but I don't know the meaning. My father studied ancient relics. I never figured out what some symbols meant." I said. 

"A Titan Trapper is never alone." Tarak said. King whipped his eyes. "Can I ask you a favor? It's a little silly, but, uh, can we play catch?" King asked Tarak. Poor kid. "I believe you may find some equipment thither." Tarak said. 

King gasped. "Thither!" Before rushing over. "Podarge, help me find it!" He exclaimed. "Okay, buddy." I said. We rummaged through the chest before coming across a baseball mitt and a ball. "Taral, we found them!" King said. Tarak faced the window before turning around to us. 

"Is something wrong?" King asked. Tarak paused. "Um, our little game must wait. The time has come to celebrate you, uh." That is where I froze. He was lying. "induction into the Titan Trappers! Come!" Tarak left. King followed him. 

This is really bad. 

~End~