He's Back

~ Chapter Thirty-One - He's Back ~

It's Belos. 

I flew down towards the two as Belos attacked Luz. Luckily she got out of the way before he could hurt her. "There you are." Belos' voice morphed with Hunter's as he held up a vial of Titan Blood. 

I swooped down and snatched the vial out of his slimy hand. "No!" He yelled reaching up to grab me. Luz summoned vines to grab hold on his arm, allowing me to escape. I hid the vial in my pocket before turning around and attacking. I threw a fireball towards him and missed. Luz continued to attack Belos alongside me. 

Belos chuckled as we failed to injury him. "You aren't even trying right now. What? Afraid you'll hurt him?" He asked. I landed beside Luz as the others arrived quite far behind us. Belos caught sight of the others and smirked. "See this is why you two are so useful. Luz, you're so desperate to help people, you even helped me meet The Collector. And Podarge, if it weren't for you, The Collector would've never fallen into my hands. You let him live because you're so merciful." He chuckled. Luz started shaking. 

"I- I didn't mean to. I thought I was doing something good." Luz cried. 

"You did do something good. I thought this one was another lost cause. Because of you we can finish our work as witch-hunters, starting with them." Belos reached out to attack Amity, Willow, and Gus. Amity blocked the attack. It was five to one now. 

Belos had us attacking pointlessly. None of us wanted to hurt Hunter. Belos reached around Gus's illusion to get to Willow and I. The two of us grabbed hold of his arm and secured it into the ground. Vee jumped to help, draining the magic from Belos. Unfortunately, he had a counter-move. Reaching across with his other arm and completely destroying the ice bridge. 

Belos kept a haunting smile on Hunter's face, it caused me to shiver. Once Vee was safe, I returned to the fight and attempted to fully attack; however, Belos got a good grip on my throat. I gasped for air. My vision slowly went black as I scratched at his hand. Suddenly I could breathe again.

"I know you can hear me, Hunter. Fight him off." Luz pleaded before Belos through her into the air. I went back to attack again. This time I successfully pinned him to the ground. 

"Hunter! Please, you have to fight him. You're stronger than him!" I shouted but all I saw was Belos. I screamed in pain as he grabbed my wings and pulled. I went flying across the graveyard and landed with my back to a tree. The Titan Blood falling out of my pocket in the process. 

I groaned, opening my eyes just enough to see Belos crush Flapjack. I gasped, both in shock and for air. I saw as Belos' eyes widened and he let go of the palisman. Flapjack flew to Luz and landed in her hands while Belos stumbled around. I groaned trying to stand up and get to Hunter. 

I watched as Hunter's eyes turned back to their beautiful magenta color. I stumbled towards them as Hunter began talking to Belos. "You know what I'd like, Belos?" Hunter stood, still fighting Belos for control of his own body. "I'd like to leave the Emperor's Coven, and never step foot in that throne room again." Hunter said as he made his way towards the vial of Titan Blood. 

"I'd like to study wild magic and learn how to carve palisman. I'd like to attend Hexside as a regular student and play Flyer Derby with my friends." Hunter fell to his knees, tears forming in his eyes. "But most of all I'd like to make sure you never hurt anyone again!" He yelled, throwing the vial into the river surrounding us. 

"No!" Belos yelled before diving into the river after the vial. "Hunter!" I shouted. Tears welled up in my eyes from both fear and pain as I ran  towards the river. Camilla jumped in after Hunter, emerging back up shortly after. I stumbled towards the newly formed ice bride as  Willow and Gus pulled both Camilla and Hunter up. 

Belos released his hold on Hunter and came in front of the group. "Caleb, you stabbed me in the back?" Belos asked. "You did it to him first." Luz spoke back. 

Belos ran to the archway and broke the vial, opening a portal back to the Boiling Isles. "This is for the good of your souls. You'll thank me later." Belos said before escaping through the portal. Camilla yelled. "That's the Belos you've been fighting this whole time?" 

Yup pretty terrifying if you ask me. 

"Guys. Hunter isn't moving." Willow said, grabbing everyone's attention. I slowly made my way towards everyone else, still in pain. I doubt I'll be able to fly for a while. I tripped and fell beside Willow and Hunter. Tears forming in my eyes as I zoned everyone out. I began crying while I stared at the new scars formed by Belos. I tried so hard to protect him. Why am I so scared right now? I held his hand as I cried beside Hunter. 

Flapjack made his way onto Hunter's chest and snuggled up near his mouth before giving up his soul to his best friend. The others began crying at the loss of the beloved palisman. Hunter groaned before opening his eyes. "Hey, guys. Is everyone else okay?" He asked, weakly squeezing my hand. "Actually, Flapjack-" Gus began. 

"Don't. Don't." Hunter began crying, bringing his hand up to his chest where Flapjack once laid. "I already know." His broken words caused a tug in my heart and another tear to roll down my face. I squeezed his hand back. 

"Stand up slowly, baby." Camilla spoke to Hunter, checking in on him. "I'm okay." He replied. His gaze turned to me. "Are you okay?" He asked me, his voice still harsh. I nodded before pulling him into a hug. He went to hug me back, causing me to wince as his arm touched my broken wing. "I'm sorry." He flinched away. 

"Hunter, it's okay. You didn't do this to me." I said, staring into his eyes before we turned our attention to Luz. "I helped him meet The Collector. I sent everything into motion. I'm sorry everyone." Luz walked towards the portal. 

"Why did you keep that all a secret?" Amity asked. "I was scared. I thought you'd all hate me for it." She admitted. I tried to stand up. Vee came to help. "No, Luz." I said. "I'm the reason this all happened. I was there from the beginning." I was finally up off the ground, Hunter too.

"Believe it or not. The Collector and I were friends." I said. Amity walked up to Luz. "We could never hate you." She said. 

"But I-" Luz was interrupted. "You were tricked. That's what Belos does. He tricks people. But if it weren't you, it would've been someone else and then there'd be no one left to fight back. So let's do that. Let's fight back. Please. For Flapjack." Hunter spoke to Luz. 

Luz smiled at him. "For Flapjack." 

The portal began to close. Hunter was the first to approach it. He held his hand to his check. I walked up beside him, grabbing hold of his hand. 

"Time to go home, Flap." 

End