Latissa

~Chapter Five - Latissa~

When I awoke, I found myself in a forest outside of Latissa. My head was throbbing. I heard a roar and jumped from my spot. I saw the dragon from earlier. It ate the cloak of the golden guard. I gasped and quickly covered my mouth. Was he okay? Is the golden guard dead? I started to panic. 

"We need to move somewhere safer." I heard the human whisper. "No. I need to find Podarge. If anything happens to them Belos would kill me." The golden guard sounded terrified. He was missing his mask. This was the first time I had ever seen his face. He had magenta eyes and platinum blonde hair. A scar ran down his cheek on the right side of his face. He wasn't that bad looking. 

"Wow. And I thought you didn't care." I said sarcastically making my presence known. We heard the dragon roar again. The three of us hid behind a tree and rushed out the scene. We walked into Latissa. "Whew, man, Kikimora must hate you." The human said to the golden guard who just kept walking. We walked past a group of drunks playing cards. "Woa. I haven't been outside of Bonesborough that much. Latissa is so cool." The human exclaimed at the crowd of people in Latissa. 

The golden guard turned and started walking in another direction. "Wait!" The human said running to catch up to us. "Where are you going?" She asked. Silence. "Hey, man, I just saved your life. The least you could do is tell me your name." He just scoffed and have her a dirty look. "Sorry, human. I don't even know his name." I said. "Well, I'm Luz and your Podarge. Your wings look cool." She said. The golden guard made his way towards some scouts.

"Nobody has ever said my wings looked cool before. Everyone just thinks I'm a freak." I said. "Well I'm happy to be the first." Luz was really nice. I gave her a small smile. 

The golden guard grew irritated at the scouts. "I am your superior and I can prove it. Staff." He turned to Luz who 'hid' the staff behind her back. "Isn't it a little late for you kids to be outside?" One of the scouts asked. "Yeah, go home before we call your parents." The golden guard tensed up for he angrily turned towards Luz and me. That was our queue to run. 

Luz and I ran through the city and passed multiple people who we accidentally bumped into, saying sorry multiple times. We eventually made it to a dead end. I grabbed Luz and flew up on top of the building. We looked behind us to see the golden guard come to a halt. 

"Come on, Golden Guard. Don't you know any like levitation spells?" Luz teased. He squinted his eyes and clenched his fists. "Are you powerless without this?" Luz asked pointing to the staff. He turned around and walked away before running at the wall and parkouring his way up to us. 

Luz blasted him with a red bolt from the staff once he was on the roof. "Back up, or - or else." Luz said. Her threat seemed uncertain. "Or else, what?" The golden guard asked, making his way towards us. "You gonna blast me to bits? Nah you're too nice for that. Fly away? Uh-uh. You know you can't do that either. 'Cause then you'd be leaving behind your precious Palismen. You don't tend to think things through, do you, human?" He asked, crossing his arms. 

Then, the dragon flew over us and landed beside Kikimora near the building we just ran from. "So, Kikmora was after us after all." I stated. Luz pointed the staff at us. "Seems like none of us want her to win right now. Soo let's work together to take back those Palismen." She suggested. 

"Then what? You think I'll just let you walk away with them?" He asked. "Maybe you won't have a choice. I'm more formidable than you think." Luz said, twirling around the staff resulting in her almost dropping it off the building. "I doubt that, but fine. A truce til then." He said. 

"Truce!" Luz stuck out her hand. The golden guard was about to shake her hand when she pulled away. "Too slow." She ran off cackling. "Ugh. Let's get this over with." He said, following her. 

~End~