The Owl Lady

~Chapter Seventeen - The Owl Lady~

Darius decided to head back to the castle for some rest. He said told me to stay with Hunter and find him a place to hide. Hunter and I talked for over an hour last night. He told me about what he saw once Darius left. He told me about Belos's deal with the Collector. He told me how his family isn't gone because of wild magic. He said his predecessors were all killed by Belos because they betrayed him. Apparently Belos was a witch hunter from the Human Realm, Philip Wittebane. 

Hunter said Belos called him a Grimwalker. That explained why he didn't have magic. I stayed beside him, holding his hand and stroking his hair. After he told me everything we started brainstorming on places he could hide. 

We came up with Hexside. We figured it would be one of the last places Belos would send his scouts. We ended up falling asleep in the school auditorium. Well, I fell asleep. Hunter claimed he couldn't close his eyes without remembering what he saw. 

I woke up the next morning to Hunter talking with FlapJack. "You're away!" Hunter said. "Here have some breakfast." He said handing me a bag of hexmix and a carton of appleblood. "This isn't an ideal breakfast." I said before yawning. 

"It's what FlapJack brought us." He said. We ate in silence. After a few minutes I got up. "Hunter." I took a breath. "Last night, I came across my brother. Would you be okay if I were to go see him?" I asked. Hunter paused. "Who's your brother?" He asked. 

"The Owl's Lady's son. King Clawthorne I think is his name." I said. His eyes widened. "You're related to that dog?" He asked. "Half-brother. I'm part witch." I said. Hunter took a second of silence. "Okay. But what if I get into trouble here?" He asked. 

I looked around the room and came across two walkie-talkies. "Use this. If you get into trouble, contact me." I said handing him one. He sighed. "Just, be safe. Please." He said. I felt bad for choosing to leave. So I leaned over and wrapped my arms around him. "What- What is this?" Hunter asked tensing up. 

"It's an act of friendship." I said. "To show your friend that you care." Hunter stayed silent. I decided to pull away, but Hunter put his arms around me and pulled be back towards him. He finally relaxed into my embrace. "Just. Don't get hurt. You're the only one who has cared." He mumbled into my shoulder. "I will." I said. 

Hunter slowly let go. I left the auditorium and made my way to the Owl Lady's house. When I got to the house I saw the Owl Lady making her way inside. I saw the door demon was missing. I went up to the house and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. 

A women with black hair opened the door. "Can I help you?" She asked. "I'm Podarge. I'm looking for King Clawthrone. I've been searching for him for over a month. I saw him with the Owl Lady and found she lived here." I said. The women's eyes widened. 

"Edalyn!" She yelled out. "Come on in. I'm Lilith, Edalyn's sister. I'm sorry kid, but King just received your letter. He's going to the location you put in it." She said. I froze. "What letter?" I asked. The Owl Lady showed up. "Lilith! Why did you let them in? They could be a spy! AHA!" She grabbed my arm. "Look!" She pointed out my coven sigil.

"What! Wait. Hold on. I'm here to meet King Clawthrone. Look at my wings! I'm his sibling. Who sent a letter? Where did you send King?" I asked. Lilith and Eda looked at each other. Lilith picked up a piece of paper. "This letter." 

I took the paper from her hands. Oh no. I saw the location written on the letter read about the 'Warrior Clan.' "Oh no." I said. "You sent him here?" I asked. 

"Yes. Why where is this?" Eda asked. "King. He is heading straight to a trap. Unless they don't know what he is? Maybe they think he's one of them?" I asked. "What? But I've explored that area. There's nothing there." Lilith said. 

"I don't have time for this." I said before rushing out of the house. 

I hope I had time to find King before he ended up on Titan Trapper Island. 

~End~