Leaving Someone Behind

Idk how long this'll take to publish but hopefully not long cause i wanna sleep lol

Ben's POV:

We were walking to the sperate door in the forest biome. I shook my hand back and forth nervous. The door opened automatically and we parted ways. We walked into the nursery trying our best to get Firecracker before the BRAD came in for a check in. As expected Firecracker was in her usual enclosure. It was easy to get her out and bring her back into the forest biome.

"That was unusuallly easy!" Sammy said once we got back to the waterfall, I chuckled as Firecracker ran around the waterfall. I would see Darius again, I wouldn't let him go. I wouldn't let him get hurt, I would never leave him again. I smiled at the thought and sat near the waterfall with Firecracker. I was about to check the BRADX camera but it didn't work. Maybe Brooklyn shut the BRADS down. We heard russling around us, I stood up hoping to see Darius' face, but I only saw Kenji and Brooklyn out of breath. The rest of us walked to them confused.

"Where's Darius?" I asked looking around hoping to see Darius. I didn't see him there.

"We couldn't get him I'm so sorry..." Kenji muttered on the verge of tears. I stood there the anger inside of me building up until I...

Kenji's POV:

Me and Brooklyn sneaked to the hallway we hoped Darius was in. Kash and my father were in a room at the end near the elevator. We sneaked past the room and walked down the hallway looking and opening doors.

"We should just go back." I said annoyed, Darius was fine on his own and I didn't get why Ben didn't get that. It wasn't like Darius was going to die.

"No, we need to find Darius." Brooklyn said trying to open a locked door. She slammed on the door in frustration. It was one of the only rooms that didn't have a window and the door was freezing cold.

"He's not in there B." Brooklyn sighed, we turned around to see my father behind us.

"What a surprise." He said sarcastically, did he know we were coming here? I opened my mouth to say something but my dad went up to my ear and whispered something.

"Leave, or your friend will die." I reached for Brooklyns hand and walked away from my dad.

"What are you doing!?" Brooklyn wisper yelled, I didn't say anything.

"We can't save him right now Brooklyn, we need to leave and hurry back to the others." Brooklyn was still confused but I explained everything while we ran to the waterfall.

"Why does this always go wrong!?" Brooklyn yelled in frustration, we stopped at the waterfall and caught our breath. Everyone walked to us circling us. I glanced at Brooklyn and stood up straight.

"Wheres Darius?" I heard Ben ask, he was looking around for someone who wasn't even here. My heart sunk and my posture got sloppy.

"We couldn't save him I'm sorry..." I muttered, Ben looked furious. I felt horrible for leaving him behind but I didn't have a choice it was for HIM. Before I could say anything I felt someone slap me across the face, and then I got pulled into a hug. What just happened? Was he mad or not?

"I'm so sorry Ben." I wispered, he hugged me tighter and I heard him crying into my shoulder.

Darius' POV:

I sat on the side of my bed staring at my BRADX, no one had checked on me sense yesterday and I was getting worried. I heard a knock on my door. My gaze moved to the door in front of me. Maybe it was the others? The door opened and I saw Mr. Kon. I mentally groaned and sat farther into my bed.

"Hello Darius." I looked to the side of him, there were BRADs there. Damnit what did he want?

"What do you want." I asked annoyed, he smiled and glanced at the BRADX.

"I'm just checking on you, making sure you don't escape." I blinked at him confused. He just closed the door and walked off. I went back to looking at the BRADX, where were they? I groaned, and layed down on my bed. I sat up and sat down on the floor, I lifted the sheet up so I could see under the bed. I took my journal out, and sat back into my bed. It was really the only thing keeping me entertained anyways.

After about an hour of waiting, I heard the elevator come up and some footsteps. My head purked up and I sat up. I heard faint voices, which must've been Brooklyn and Kenji. I was trying to open the door but it was locked.

"What?" I murmured to myself as I tried to open the locked door. I didn't even know it could lock. I heard them get to the door and the only this I could make out was.

"We should just go back." I felt the door nob start to move, but it didn't open.

"BROOKLYN!!" I yelled, they didn't respond. I heard them just walk away, my heart sank. They just left me here. Why would they do that? I heard more talking and then the elevator went back down. I backed away from the door until I hit the bed. They left me here. Why would they do that!? I felt more and more furious everytime I thought about it. My door opened, and I saw Mr. Kon.

"They left you here?" He asked, I wiped my face and nodded.

"Oh what a shame, I really thought they cared about you. I guess not." He was about to closed the door but I stopped him.

"Wait!" He froze and re opened the door with a smile, like he knew what I was going to say.

"I don't care about my friends anymore, what if we work together." I genuinely asked, they didn't care about me so I didn't care about them. They should have never left me here. I saw Mr. Kon smiled as he put his hand out.

"I guess it's a deal." I was hesitant but shook his hand. I didn't care about them anymore. They didn't even bother to check in. It's all their fault.

Ben's POV:

Mae put her arm over me. Kenji was talking about nonsense. I couldn't believe that we just left him there. We needed to try again.

"We need to get Darius out, tomorrow." I blurted, everyone looked over at me.

"Ben, we can't." Kenji said back.

"We just left him there! We need to get him out." I repeated, Kenji shook his head again.

"Ben, I already told you we can't." Tears filled my eyes, I didn't want Darius to be there any longer. He had already been through enough.

"Fine, but we HAVE to get him out soon." Kenji nodded, I huffed and leaned against Mae. I missed Darius so much. I tried to get on the BRADX camera but it wasn't working. We had no way to make sure he was ok, and well. All I wanted to do was hug him as tight as possible. I miss him.

Not THAT ANGSTY but it's pretty good. This is my not long chapter so WOHOO 😸

Word Count: 1238