Being Home

I think Kenji will either be with Brooklyn or Darius probably Darius cause yk yeah

Darius' POV:

I woke up in my usual bed, it's been almost 3 months since we got off the Island and it wasn't that bad. I didn't have any friends but I was back with my family. Kenji stayed at my house which was good for Brand and me. I wasn't alone at home anymore, plus Ben came by a lot as well. I didn't like crowded spaces, they made me very anxious and one time I started to break down. I didn't know why I had this problem.

"Darius honey!" I heard my mom call out from the kitchen. I crawled out of my bed and stood up. I walked into the kitchen, she was smiling like usual.

"Can you help me with breakfast?" She asked, I nodded and walked over to her. I would help my mom with a lot of cooking, my dad used to help out but...I heard knocking on the door, who could that be? I didn't have school today so I doubted it was anyone from school. Kenji and Brand weren't even up yet.

"I'll get it mom." I said sweetly, I didn't bother to take my apron off. I opened the door to see Ben looking back at me with a smile.

"Ben?" Ben didn't go to my school and he lived probably 30 minutes away he didn't visit much because he hated taking the bus.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, Ben just smiled and let himself in. I blinked and closed the door.

"Sorry for not telling you, I just felt like coming over." My eyes furrowed as I walked up to him.

"Well..I'm helping my mom with breakfast." He laughed a little looking down at my apron.

"I see that." I rolled my eyes and motioned him to sit down in the living room. My mom came out rubbing her hands.

"Oh hello Ben!" She greeted, Ben hummed in response.

"Darius you can go hang out with Ben I've got breakfast covered." She gave me a small wink.

"Are you sure? I always help you." She nodded and continued to walk back to the kitchen. I sighed and took my apron off putting it on the coffee table.

"Wanna go into my room?" I nervously asked, I wasn't dressed very well so it was a little weird Ben seeing me in a mess. He nodded and followed me into my room.

"Why'd you come over so early in the morning?" I asked once I closed the door. He layed down on my bed comfortably.

"I just felt lonely I guess." He murmured, I layed down next to him.

"What's wrong?" I softly asked, he sat up and groaned making me laugh. I sat up as well waiting for him to say something.

"I just hate being at my house, everything has changed and it's so overwhelming." He paused and looked a little guilty before continuing.

"And well...you..." He stopped himself from saying more. I raised an eyebrow at him confused.

"What about me?" I hesitantly asked, he looked down at his hands fidgeting.

"You act like nothing is happening you keep thinking on the bright side, but not everything has a pro Darius." My heart sank as he began to cry. Was this all my fault?

"Ben everything will be okay I promise."

"No Darius it won't! Stop saying that!" He snapped back, he stood up with tears rolling down his face. I couldn't move, or speak I was frozen.

"Maybe I shouldn't have visited you today." He opened my room door, I could only hear him walk out of the house shutting the door behind him. I slowly walked out of my room.

"Darius honey!" I heard my mom call out, I snapped back to reality and tried to stay calm. I didn't want to worry my mom, she had worried about me enough when I was gone for 11 months. I walked into the kitchen, she was smiling like usual.

"Is Ben staying here?" She asked, I sighed.

"No, he just wanted to come by." She nodded, I went into the living room and grabbed the apron off the coffee table and put it on to help my mom make breakfast. Cooking with my mom helped me relax and forget what just happened. Once we finished I knocked on both Brand and Kenji's room.

"Wake up!" I opened the door to see a tired Kenji slowly waking up, and Brand playing some games.

"I'll be there is 5!" Brand said back not knowing how loud he was being in the moment.

"Now Brandon!!" My mom snapped back from the kitchen. Brand sighed and turned his game off.

"Wake up Kenj." Kenji sat up and stumbled to stand up.

"Morning Darius." He tiredly said, I chuckled and walked down the hallway into the dining room. Life was pretty normal, well except for everything. It was more like my house was back to normal. I knew that I had no friends before, but for some reason I felt even more lonley than before. Of course I got called names constantly, and even Kenji had friends but everyone just kinda saw me as a disease or something. Everyone hated me for no reason. My mom said it was just because I came back to school in the middle of the year, but I knew it was because I was stuck on Isla Nublar.

Ben's POV:

I walked out of Darius' house hoping he came after me, but he didn't. My breathing was shaky as I began to walk to the bus stop. My phone rang. I looked at my phone to see Yaz messaging me.

Number1girlfriend: Ben?

IslandMAN: Yaz?

Number1girlfriend: Hey! Have you seen Darius lately?

IslandMAN: I just left his house why?

Number1girlfriend: Oh thank God! He hasn't been answering my messages and Kenji said he was a little worried about him.

My heart sank, I had just yelled at Darius.

IslandMAN: Yaz...?

Number1girlfriend: Hm?

IslandMAN: Don't be mad but I kinda just snapped at Darius and left like a couple minutes ago.

I watched Yaz type for what seemed like forever.

Number1girlfriend: It's fine Ben...what happened?

IslandMAN: I was getting a little frustrated on how he looked only on the positive side.

Number1girlfriend: Ben! I'm sure he'll be fine, just relax and maybe get some rest it's so early for you.

IslandMAN: Yeah yeah I'll sleep when I get home gn Yazzy

Number1girlfriend: It's YAZ but gn island BOY

I scoffed at my phone and turned it off to walk into the bus. I felt horrible for just yelling at Darius, I could've handled that situation so much better. I wanted to apologize and I hoped I would get the chance. Hopefully...

Yay new chapter and a fight. I didn't plan on making them fight it just happened ok? I hope your crying Allison

Word Count: 1168