Love At First Kiss

♡

The embers of winter had died, welcoming spring into the bustling city of Seoul. The long holidays had come to an end and it was the start of a brand new year.

Of all days to hit the snooze button ten times, Lee Taeyong unconsciously chose today, the first day back at Neocity High where he'd be entering his second year.

"Slow down, Yong! You'll choke!" Grandma Lee shook her head at her grandson's clumsiness. The boy nodded, his cheeks stuffed with a piece of bread that was evidently too big for his small mouth.

But he didn't have time. Being late to assembly was a sin, more embarrasing even to have the teachers call you out in front of the whole school.

He was certainly not going to fall into that pit of despair.

Walking was overrated anyway. His watch indicated that he had roughly 15 minutes before the assembly which drove him to break into a sprint despite his poor stamina.

Neocity High was a looming white and dark blue building which were divided into two faculties. The Science and Arts.

It wasn't rivalry that went on between the two faculties. It was rather, the obvious fact that the science students were much brighter and more productive than the arts students who were average and caused trouble.

To simply put it, the science kids looked down on the arts kids.

Taeyong had always been gifted in arts and was never like most of the students there who were loud and obnoxious. He couldn't deny that it was funny seeing his colleagues play harmless pranks on the brainy bunches.

At present, the boy was running up the steep stairs that would lead him to the school hall. A bad time for his clumsiness to kick in as he bumped into someone else, completely losing balance.

He was a goner. Taeyong-jam it is.

To his surprise, his head didn't in fact split open but there was a strong arm around his waist, holding him tight as the angle they stood caused his saviour to haphazardly pull him in with a jerk.

Their lips were pressed together, both boys' eyes widened in realisation before pulling apart abruptly. Despite feeling giddy with his entire existence flushing crimson, Taeyong could see that the latter was a science student.

"Are you alright?" A deep voice spoke, concern in his tone. He was suddenly hyperaware of the arm still wrapped around his waist.

"Y-Yeah.." The boy was out of breath as he stared at the handsome hunk of muscles with dimples and puppy dog eyes in front of him.

He was officially in love.

"That's a relief, and.. uh, sorry about the.." the taller male coughed awkwardly, pointing to his lips as his cheeks turned red. "It's o-okay, thank you for saving my butt." Taeyong laughed, reading his name tag.

Jeong Jaehyun

Damn, even his name was charming.

"Oh, it wasn't your fault though. I wasn't in the right state of mind and almost hurt you." Jaehyun shook his head, looking upset. "Please allow me to compensate you, Taeyong."

"But.. I'm equally clumsy and--"

The male silenced Taeyong with a hand cupped gently over his mouth. "I insist. Here's my number, I'll text you." He smiles, handing a slip of paper.

"Hey, you two! Isn't it time for assembly? Get out of here!"

The two laughed, Jaehyun dragging him along as they hurried into the school hall.