Fall, Fell, Fallen

♡

Jaehyun trembled slightly, gripping a test kit in his hand as he gathered the courage to see the results.

Double lines. He was pregnant.

"Jae? You alright in there?" Winwin's gentle voice invaded his clouding thoughts. "I-I'm okay, just give m-me a minute." He stutters back, cleaning himself before exiting the bathroom.

"Win, I'm p-pregnant.."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

The boy inhaled sharply, his head down. "We've never talked about having kids before.. and he's been so stressed over work lately and I don't want to burden him--"

The Chinese hugged his best friend, a hand rubbing his back. "Calm down Jae, stressing out isn't good for you or the baby right now." He spoke, reassuring the boy who slowly released his tensed stance.

"What am I going to do Win?"

"Listen Jae," the latter sighs, guiding the boy to sit onto the couch. "I doubt Taeyong-hyung's the type to chicken out and leave even if he's not ready to have kids." Jaehyun hummed in agreement.

"He loves you too much to let you go through this on your own Jae, I'm sure he'll love your baby too."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

Jaehyun waited patiently for his boyfriend to come home, his finger anxiously tweaking the thin silver promise band on his finger. How should he tell him? After dinner? Or as he walks through the door?

The boy nearly jumped out of his skin upon hearing the lock click and the doorknob turning. It was time.

"Hey hon." Taeyong hugged the younger, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "D-Dinner? I m-made pasta, with different v-vegetables like carrots, onions, g-garlic--"

"You good?"

"Me? Of course I am!"

The older noted how pitched the boy's voice became as he spoke but brushed it off as him being his perky self. He sat down and started to eat, still observing the younger's odd fidgeting and red cheeks.

"Babe, are you sure you're okay?" He asks, taking the boy's shaking hands in his, establishing eye contact. "I-I.." Jaehyun stuttered, biting his lip in frustration. "Yup, you're not fine. Come here."

Taeyong carried the younger to the living room where they cuddled on the couch. "So? Is there something you want to tell me?" He initiates the question, reading the boy's expressions.

Jaehyun sighed, taking the older's hand and holding it over the slightly swollen part of his belly. Taeyong's eyes grew wide knowingly, feeling a tiny lifeform move within his boyfriend. "Babe.. y-you're pregnant?!"

"I'm s-sorry.. I didn't t-think about having a k-kid so soon e-either because I k-know how busy y-you are at work a-and--"

The older gently held the boy by the back of his neck, guiding him so that their foreheads touched. "Jae, you have no idea how happy I am right now." He says in a shaky voice. "I'm never busy when it comes to you.. or our baby."

A weight lifted itself off the younger's chest, he was finally able to relax completely now that he knew Taeyong was going to be with him no matter what.

"What time do you get off work today honey?" Taeyong asks, slipping his arms around Jaehyun's waist while caressing his increasing baby bump. "Mhm, seven?" He replied, smiling softly.

"Seven? But you're pregnant babe! Taeil should be lenient." The older huffed, spining the smaller around, holding him by the waist. "Tae, he's giving me loads of perks already. Besides, I love being at the bakery."

"Right. More than being with your boyfriend I see?"

Jaehyun let out a laugh, sending Taeyong's heart into a semi-trance. "Hush now, aren't you supposed to be at work Mr. CEO?" He mused, straightening the male's tie. "Give me a kiss first, and I might go." The older fussed, bending a little so that the younger didn't need to stand on his tip toes.

"I'll pick you up today."

"You don't have to."

"I want to. Be ready at seven sharp okay?"

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

The smaller hummed, trying to make out his surroundings. Taeyong parked the car a little way before a small track was clear. "Get on my back honey, it's a bit of a walk." He bent over, letting Jaehyun climb onto him.

"Oh.. Tae.. the pier where we first met.." he breathed, staring in awe at the light setting of the nostalgic spot. It was the very same place the two had met each other for the first time.

"3 years ago today, my heart was stolen by a beautiful boy. He was the sweetest soul to ever walk, his every move and touch warmed me in a way I could only pin as love. I asked him to be mine to which he said yes. We've been through many hardships and happy moments together, loving and accepting my flaws unconditionally. Hell, he was even willing to give me a child.." Taeyong's throat was getting tight as he spoke, staring into his love's eyes that twinkled with tears under the moonlight.

"There were times I couldn't rub his back when he threw up, times when I couldn't be by his side when he was hurting.. but, he still did everything for me. He waits 'till I fall asleep at night, cooks me the best food even when he's tired.."

"Tae.." Jaehyun gasped when the older got down on one knee, a velvet box in his hand. "He waited patiently for me when I said that I wasn't ready to marry him. I want the best for him and our baby, I don't want him to live his days with me knowing he parted with his parents on horrible terms.."

"Jeong Jaehyun.. just like how you stole my heart, will you take my surname too?"

The smaller was overwhelmed as soon as the stereo set started playing an all too familiar song. One which they labelled it as theirs, the very song they had waltzed throughout their days, humming parts of it to each other..

"I do." He giggled tearily, hugging the male by his neck. "I'm the luckiest man in the world." Taeyong said softly as they rocked back and forth.

"I thought you'd never ask.." Jaehyun uttered once he had calmed his crying. "What makes you think that honey? It's only you that can make me fall over and over again.." the older chuckled, stroking his cheek lovingly.

"We're really doing this huh? Tying the knot?"

"I guess so, Lee Jaehyunnie.."

The two stared at their rings, grinning ear to ear at the happiness blossoming in their hearts.