14th February

♡

Jaehyun woke up to the cold wind blowing from his window. Usually a warm body would be pressed against his, supplying heat that would comfort him.

He opened his eyes, sighing at the empty spot next to him. Taeyong must've gone to school already. He turned on his phone and peered at it.

14th February                      9:27 a.m.

He turned it off, groaning at the stiffness of his back before getting up. The young CEO spent at least 18 hours hunched up in front of his computer screen. The only time he was well rested was whenever Taeyong was there to give him de-stress cuddles and kisses.

He would do anything to have his sweet baby hugging him right now. Especially on his birthday.

Taeyong walked through the streets, looking through pastry shop windows to find for the perfect cake. He knew that Jaehyun loved peach-cream cakes and it was his mission to find one.

He already had a special gift for the older male which he had prepared for months and had a hard time keeping Jaehyun out of it.

The younger walked out of the gift shop with his present neatly wrapped in a paper bag. And with the ill weather, it started to rain suddenly, drenching the poor boy who tried his best to keep the present from getting wet.

He ran as fast as he could back to campus, huffing as he dashed towards the art studio to collect his belongings. "Tae, where the heck were you? You missed lunch! And you're all wet!" Ten hissed at the male who was hurriedly packing his things.

"I-I was..getting Hyunnie's..gift wrapped.." Taeyong panted, his cheeks bright red. The Thai stopped him, placing his hands on the petite shoulders. "Slow down, you might get a seizure at this rate."

The boy inhaled deeply, feeling calmer. "Thanks Tennie." He giggled, letting Ten rub his hair with a spare gym towel he had. "You're going to catch a cold silly." He sighed, ruffling the purple hair before letting him run off.

Taeyong hurried towards a bus station, taking a bus which would take him to a small town where it was said to have a bakery which made peach-cream cakes.

It was already starting to get dark as he sat in the bus which rocked recklessly, the passengers were rude and yelled at him whenever he lost balance.

The worst part was when he was getting off, a built man bumped into him while he was getting off the vehicle with force, making him fall and scrape his knees and knuckles.

The poor boy held in a sob from the pain, blinking back tears as he limped towards his destination. He reached the bakery where it already seemed like they were closing.

"W-Wait! Do you have any peach-cream cakes? I came all the way here from Seoul. Can you help me?"

The owner of the shop was an old lady who looked worried to see Taeyong in such a frail state. His clothes were stained dark red with blood, his jaw bruised and his body shivering from getting  drenched by the downpour outside.

"Oh my, what happened to you dear?"

"I'm fine ma'am, do you have any more peach-cream cakes?"

The old lady sighed, shaking her head. "We just sold the last one." She replied, watching Taeyong's expression morph into heartbreak.

"Don't you have even one ma'am? It's for my boyfriend, it's his birthday." The boy pleaded, his doe eyes filled with tears. The old lady felt bad and asked him to wait a moment.

"Here, it's the last piece I was saving for my husband. That sugar addict already has diabetes so I'd rather give it to you."

"Thank you very much ma'am!"

After the cake was wrapped, Taeyong carefully placed it into his bag ran off to catch the last bus back to Seoul. He could feel the dull throb of his head and his body ache as he leaned against the cold window.

Jaehyun paced around the living room, worry clinging onto him like a heavy sack. Taeyong was supposed to be back hours ago.

He inquired from Ten and some other friends about the boy's whereabouts but none of them were able to give him a concrete answer.

"I'm worried John, what if something happened to him? What if he needs help?"

"Calm down Jae, I'm sure the pup's just running some errands and will be back soon."

"He would've informed me. This is so unlike him." Jaehyun ran a hand through his hair. "Well, I'll let you know if I find him." Johnny sighed, ending the call.

Just then, the door clicked open, revealing the boy who looked exhausted.

The older ran towards him and pulled the petite frame into a tight hug. "Baby, where were you? I was worried sick!" Jaehyun yelled a little too loudly than intended, scaring the younger who started to cry.

He noticed the bloodstains on the boy's clothes and freaked out. "And you're hurt! Who did this to you?" He asks, wiping away Taeyong's tears with his thumbs.

"S-Sorry Hyunnie.. I-I'm horrible.." the boy sobbed, gripping his own hair in frustration. Jaehyun held the smaller hands, his heart clenched from how sad his baby was.

"I-I just wanted to give y-you something special f-for your b-birthday.." Taeyong hiccuped, rubbing his eyes like a child. The older cupped his cheeks, staring into those doe eyes.

Taeyong moved away, bending down to open his bag. He took out the cake and the present with shaking hands. "It's n-not much but--"

Jaehyun hugged him tightly, placing gentle kisses onto the tiny cheeks. "You didn't have to go through all that trouble sweetheart.. having you by my side is already the best thing ever.." he sighed, caressing the soft lilac hair.

"So you d-don't like it?"

"I love it, I really do. Want to sing happy birthday?"

The younger nodded, finally cracking into a bright smile. He sang the song, waiting eagerly for the older to open the present.

"Your sketchbook?"

"Y-Yeah.."

Jaehyun flipped the book carefully, his fingers lightly grazing the paper with Taeyong's beautiful drawings of them.

"It's a picture diary of all the special stuff we do together.."

"I love it baby, and I love you even more for giving me such a wonderful surprise."

"I'm glad you liked it Hyunnie.." the younger mumbled quietly, his eyes drooping as he found warmth in the embrace. The older felt his forehead which was hot. "God, Tae you're burning up.." he sighed carrying the petite body upstairs to give him a bath.

"C-Cold.." Taeyong trembled, clinging onto Jaehyun who cleaned the wounds on his hands and knees gently, wrapping him into a towel and dressing him into a pair of his oversized hoodie and sweatpants.

He made sure to apply some antibacterial cream after forcing down some medicine and the boy's favourite dino band-aids before tucking him into bed.

"Thank you for everything you do, Tae. I love you so much. This was the best birthday ever." The older smiled at his boyfriend's sleeping face, kissing his lips softly.