23. Demand 🍋

Y/N woke in her bed, finding Obito asleep next to her, his arm draped over her rib cage, just below her breasts. She inched closer to him, pressing a kiss into his cheek and keeping her lips against his skin. She breathed in his calming scent, olivewood and bergamot.

"Morning," he mumbled into the pillow. Obito rolled to his side and pulled her in close to him, nestling his lips onto her forehead.

"I..." she started to speak, too many thoughts raced through her mind, "I'm so sorry Obito. I'm so, so sorry."

"It's too early, shh," his voice was raspy and tired.

He slept for a couple hours longer as she laid awake in his arms. She went over a million different speeches in her mind, preparing herself for his anger.

She heard him take in a deep breath as he shifted onto his back, "Should I be giving you space?" he asked.

"What? No, why," she asked as she turned around to face him.

"The last time we were in this room together... you wanted nothing to do with me."

She saw the look of hurt on his face. He was hurting at the sight of her and hurting from their last interaction before the galas events, "Well, a lot has happened since we were last in this room together," she sat up, "Obito, I don't even know where to begin."

"Just talk to me. Just say what you're thinking. Let me in, Y/N," Obito sat up, running the back of his fingers along her arm.

"I'm jealous of you," she blurted, it wasn't at all close to the speech she had gone over in her head.

Obito leaned in closer, "Jealous? Of me?"

She nodded, "That's what I was feeling. I hated you in that moment. And I hate myself for getting caught up in it."

He only stared at her. Hearing her say those words, I hate myself, tugged at his breath, "Hate yourself?"

"Because I was jealous. I am jealous. But at the same time, you just love me and give me more. I feel like I don't have anything to give you. I mean, look at this," she motioned to the luxurious bedroom.

"You don't need to give me anything. I... I just want you. I just want you to let me take care of you and instead, we're mixed up in my uncle's insane plan."

Y/N sighed and looked down, feeling not only ashamed but now the weight of being responsible for everything that was making herself and Obito miserable.

"Hey," he said, placing his forefinger and thumb gently on her chin, careful not to turn her head in fear he would hurt her neck, "We're getting through this. For as long as you want me by your side, I've got your back. You do still want me, right?"

She looked at Obito, his eyebrows were furrowed. His eyes were full of fear. Fear of losing her. Of upsetting her. Of hurting her. And, of being rejected.

"Obi..." she began.

"I don't understand, Y/N. After everything we've been through, why are you always trying to push me away?" Obito got out of bed, frustrated by her hesitance.

"Obito..." she tried to interject but Obito began to pace and lecture her, "Obi! Stop, please."

"No, you stop! Can't you just appreciate a good thing when its right in front of your face?" his voice was growing louder and louder.

Y/N stood up, her legs felt a little wobbly from the way she had been sitting on them. She went over to Obito and grabbed his hand, squeezing it to get him to stop pacing. He met her gaze as she wrapped her arms around his waist, feeling his muscle tense. He was too terrified of the words she was about to speak to return the embrace.