24. Smoking Kills

"Drop me off here," she asked with her hand on the car door handle.

"We're still a few blocks away," Obito said, not slowing down.

She placed her hand on top of his hand that rested on the gear shift, "Obi... we can't risk being seen."

He clenched his jaw and slowed the car. When he pulled over, she gave him a quick kiss on the lips and turned to get out. Before anything else could be said, the car door was shut and she walked towards the meeting spot.

As she rounded the corner, she saw Kisame. He stood with one hand in his coat pocket and the other holding a cigarette. He wore dark sunglasses, covering up his bruised eye. Little cuts scattered his face, a deeper one was covered with a butterfly stitch.

"Smoking kills," she said as she walked past him, grabbing the handle of the door.

Kisame scoffed, coughing out one last inhale. He tossed the cigarette on the floor, crushing it with his boot before reaching above her and catching the door.

"Boss man is pretty angry little bunny, I'd watch that mouth of yours if I were you," Kisame warned.

She didn't reply, she kept her gaze focused ahead. Kisame looked down at her. She wore loose pants, similar to his, a tight long sleeve high neck shirt, and combat boots. Every part of her skin was covered aside from her eyes and her forehead, her hair hung down freely. He reached to pull down the black mouth scarf she wore.

"Fuck, that kitsune bastard got you good," Kisame said.

She stopped, pulling her scarf back up and pushed him into a wall. She was small, her forearm reached up and pressed into his sternum. In all honestly, he could have tossed her across the dark hallway if he wished. Instead, he entertained her and kept his back pressed to the wall.

"Don't touch me," Y/N warned, her nose burned from the lingering smoke on his breath.

He held his hands up in surrender, "Little bunny, you're the one pressed against me."

She backed away from him, rolling her eyes and continued down the hallway.

"Seriously though, are you okay?" he asked, walking slightly to her right.

"Why the fuck do you care?" she asked, her voice laced with venom, "One nude dance and you're in love or what?"

"Fuck you," he spat as he stepped in front of her, opening the door to the suite Madara had asked them to meet him in.

His voice boomed, "It's about time."

They both approached the police chief and he motioned for them to sit at the chairs in front of his desk. Even in this abandoned building he had managed to make a somewhat luxurious looking office – or rather chamber – for himself.

"We've identified the Root members directly responsible for the attacks," he said, pushing a file towards them to share, "Take care of them."

"That's it?" Y/N asked, her eyebrow was raised, "That's why you called us all the way down here?"

Madara said nothing, he only returned Y/N's glare, "Zetsu is working on your invites for Konoha's Fire Ball. I need you both to do your best to refrain from suffering any more injuries. You need to look the part, got it?"

Y/N's breath hitched. The Fire Ball was an annual ball held for the famous and prominent all over the world. It's always been hosted by the Land of Fire's Daiymo. This was the first official Fire Ball being held since the ten years war ended.

"Got it, Y/N?" Madara repeated, his look was one of pure disgust.

"Loud and clear," she said, "Anything else?"