Part 3 Eddie

The sun rose early in the morning, waking Eddie up. Richie was still sleeping soundly and Eddie smiled seeing how peaceful he was. That's when he realized Richie's head was on his lap. Eddie froze not wanting to wake the sleeping boy. 

Last night Eddie went to check on Richie since he had been in bathroom for a while and saw he was crying. Before Richie could have seen him he ran back to the bedroom. What could he have been crying about?  Richie had been acting weird all night and Eddie didn't have a clue why. 

Richie twisted his body placing one hand across Eddies legs. Eddie's heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest. He couldn't move Richie because that might wake him up but also the more he thought about it he didn't want to move Richie. Eddie was actually quite comfortable with the boy snuggling near him. 

Just as Eddie began to fall back asleep a loud knock came to the door. When no one answered the door barged open with an angry women standing there. 

"EDDIE BEAR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!" Sonia, Eddie's mom screamed.

A startled Richie sprung awake and noticing where he was, quickly moved away. Eddie could have sworn he saw the boy blushing...

"Momma, I told you I was sleeping over Richie's!" Eddie yelled back.

Sonia shook her head, "No Eddie Bear, you did not tell mommy where you were gonna be! I was so scared of what might have happened to you!" 

Shit. Eddie thought back to the day before and realized he had never called his mom. 

"Oh mommy, I'm so sorry! I completely forgot!" He apologized and looked over to see Richie trying hard not to laugh at the conversation.

"Of course you did! That trash mouth has such a bad influence on you!" Sonia walked over to the bed and grabbed Eddie's wrist, pulling him towards the exit.

"Don't say that about him! He's my friend mommy!"

 Eddie defended his best friend, even though he knew it was no use. His mom hated all his friends. She thought Bill would give Eddie a stutter, Mike would spread some "black people disease" to him,Ben would make him over eat, Stan would try and convert him to Judaism, and that Beverly would try and seduce him. All of this wasn't true and Eddie told her that 24/7 but Sonia would never listen.

"Eddie Bear, we are getting out of here!" Sonia was about to slam the door but then pointed at Richie and added, "And you! Stay. Away. From. My. Son!!!"

Eddie waved a quick goodbye to Richie who was still just getting out of bed and putting on his glasses. Sonia dragged Eddie out of the house and all the way to her car. Just then Eddie's watch, that beeped whenever it was time for him to take his pill, went off. Eddie had completely forgotten about the stolen pills until now. 

"Why aren't you taking your pills Eddie Bear? You don't want to get sick do you?" Sonia asked worryingly, as she turned out of the driveway. 

"Mommy, they, uh well, a bunch of bully's at school stole them!" Eddie broke down crying, scared of what his mom might say.

"Oh Eddie! I told you school was a dangerous place! Next year I'm homeschooling you!!" Sonia exclaimed.

Eddie's heart dropped. This couldn't be happening. 

"No mommy, you don't need to do that!" Eddie cried as they got out of the car.

"Yes I do! Then you won't have any chance of getting sick and those bullies will never bother you again!!"

Sonia looked so happy about her new idea. She seemed to think this was the best thing since sliced bread! Eddie had nothing to say. He knew his mom's mind wouldn't be changed easily. He still had one and a half months of summer left so maybe somehow he could find a way to convince her. School was a miserable hellhole but it was definitely better than spending the whole year stuck in a room with Sonia. 

"Eddie Bear! I'm gonna take a trip to the pharmacy to get you some new medications. Stay in your room!" Sonia called as she left to drive into town.

With her gone that would give Eddie about 1 hour alone. He wanted to meet up with the Losers but one hour wasn't enough time. Eddie got an idea on how to stall his mom. He ran over to the phone in the kitchen and called his mothers cell. 

In a very low voice Eddie spoke to his mother, "Is this Sonia Kasparak?"

"Yes. Who is this?" The other end of the phone asked.

"It's me, Doctor Pen-Wise. I just wanted to tell you that your local pharmacy is out of subscription pills. You must come to the Boston Children's Hospital in Massachusetts to pick it up." Eddie lied.

This would make his mom drive 6 hours there and then 6 back. Plenty of time.

"Oh alright, Mr. Pen-Wise. I guess I'll see you soon."

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience Miss." 

Eddie hung up quickly, very proud of his lie. As expected his phone started ringing.

"Eddie bear, I need to go a little farther to get your pills. I want you to lock all the doors and stay in your room. I will be home late tonight!" Sonia told Eddie over the phone.

"Ok mommy! I can't wait to see you!" He lied.

After his mother hung up he called the Losers and told them to all meet at the clubhouse. The last one he called was Richie and then he heard some news that made his day even worse.

"Eds, do you think it would be okay if I brought a friend of mine." Richie asked.

"Uh you don't have any other friends." Eddie said laughing.

Then Richie answered, "Oh well actually I do now. She's my girlfriend."